BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only. Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; Reichlin v. Del Norte County et al., U.S. District Court, Case No. 14 CV 05213 NJV II) Anticipated litigation (two cases) 1) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt' Code 54956.9(d) - one case (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations. Discuss and take possible action on a settlement proposal for 2 Workman's Compensation Claim. Conduct Evaluation of the County Counsel. Discuss Agricultural Commissioner Position.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
4. Approve the attached Resolution appointing the Director of Health and Human Services as the Public Guardian/LPS Conservator effective May 26, 2015 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve the transfer of an existing sewer connection from APN 120-281-02 at 105 Cooper Avenue, owned by Daniel R. Harrison, to APN 116-114-07 at 1600 block of Arlington Drive, owned by James Ecker as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
9. Approve the attached Department of Health and Human Services request to amend the Del Norte County Community CalWORKs Plan to include Expanded Subsidized Employment as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement #2014-025 with Debra Foster, LCSW for clinical license supervision services from March 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015, not to exceed $11,900.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with Butte County Psychiatric Health Facility in Chico, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $15,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer 05-03 in the amount of $5,104.00 within the Building Maintenance Budget to cover any unforeseen issues regarding the Maintenance of Structure for the County as requested by the Building Maintenance Manager.**
15. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-04 in the amount of $10,598.00 from "State Aid-Veterans Affairs" revenue account to Special Department expense account for the purposes of providing outreach to Del Norte County Veterans as requested by the Veterans Service Officer.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-06 in the amount of $869,336.00 in the General Fund Miscellaneous Revenue and Expenditure and Debt Service budgets as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
19. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
20. 10:30 A.M. Presentation on 1)Early Childhood Literacy 2)Vaccine for Poverty and 3) Authorize County Support as neccessary and prudent through the Children's Bill of Rights. (Don Olson/Steve Godla)
23. 11:15 A.M. Waive full reading and introduce proposed ordinance to amend sections 7.08.440 and 7.08.460 of Chapter 7.08, Title 7 of the Del Norte County Code relating to civil penalties and nuisance abatement as requested by the County Engineer.**
24. Approve the Bid Book for the Fred Haight Drive Reconstruction Project and authorize staff to advertise the project for bids upon authorization from Caltrans as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
25. Adopt the attached policy outlining the uniform policy statement of all involved counties addressing potential legalization of cannabis in California and approve the attached statement as a policy statement of the county and an addendum to the county's legislative platform; 2) Authorize the Chair to sign a joint letter of transmittal with the Chairs of the Board of Supervisors of Del Norte, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma and Trinity Counties; and 3) Direct the County Administrative Officer to transmit this policy statement to Peterson Consulting and to communicate the county's support to state legislators, the California State Associaton of Counties (CSAC) and the Rural County Representitives of California (RCRC) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
26. Approve and adopt the ordinance to amend Chapter 10.04.04 of the Del Norte County Ordinance relating to the Speed Limit on Inyo Street from Small Avenue to Washington Boulevard as requested by the County Engineer.**
27. Review, approve and submit attached letter supporting AB 1142 and submit to Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez, Chair of the California State Assembly's Appropriations Committee as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
28. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: May 15, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us