BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session.† Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time.† All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability.† Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters.† There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors.† NOTE:† If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing.† (Govt. Code ß 65009).† When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Public Comment on Closed Session items only. Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9;† Riese v. Del Norte County, et al. U.S. District Court, 12 CV 03723 WHO; II) Anticipated litigation 1)† Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govít Code 54956.9(d)† 2) Significant exposure Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govít Code 54956.9(d)- one case -† (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations. Discuss and take possible action on a settlement proposal for 1 Workman's Compensation Claim.
∑ The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time.† In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
∑ Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
3. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a contract with Peter E. Martin for part-time child support attorney services at a rate of $68.00 per hour totaling no more than $73,000.00 for the 2015/2016 Fiscal Year as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
4. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement between the California Secretary of State and the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters regarding the "HAVA Polling Place Accessibility Training Program," as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
5. Authorize the allocation of $45,000.00 from the Title III fund for the Gordon Mountain Firebreak Project as requested by the County Roads Division and the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
6. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with College Health IPA for reimbursable mental health and substance abuse services deemed appropriate under Medi-Cal as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement #2015-045 with the County of Humboldt in order to continue the California Home Visiting Program (CHVP) as a partner of the Northcoast Tri-County Consortium (Del Norte, Humboldt, Trinity) from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2016 not to exceed $165,612.00 per Fiscal Year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with Debra Foster, LCSW for clinical license supervision services from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $12,480.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD:† Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board.† If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter.† Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. Approve and adopt the Ordinance to amend Sections 7.08.440 and 7.08.460 of Chapter 7.08, Title 7 of the Del Norte County Code relating to civil penalties and nuisance abatement as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
16. Direct CDD staff to partner with the California Department of Fish and Wildlife in obtaining new multi-year permits from the US Army Corps of Engineers, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Coastal Commission and North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board for the seasonal breaching of Lakes Earl and Talawa under the same or similar breach regime as permitted under the recently expired permits. Furthermore, direct staff to report to the Board if any significant departure from this breach regime is being considered as an outcome of the permitting processes as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
18. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the following agreements related to an Intergovernmental Fund Transfer (IGT): 1) Intergovernmental Agreement Regarding the Transfer of Public Funds, between the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the California Department of Healthcare Services (DHCS) for the term September 30, 2013 through June 30, 2016, for the transfer of $548,570.00 to the California Department of Healthcare Services pursuant to section 14164 of the Welfare and Institutions Code to be used as local matching funds to enable Partnership HealthPlan of California (PHC) to obtain Medi-Cal managed care capitation rate increases reflecting the period September 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014. 2) Intergovernmental Transfer Assessment† Fee Agreement, between DHHS and DHCS for the term September 1, 2013 through June 30, 2014, for a 20% assessment fee to reimburse DHCS for administrative costs associated with the operation of the IGT program. 3) First Amendment to Agreement #2014-090 with Partnership HealthPlan of California for Health Care Services for the term September 1, 2013 through September 30, 2016 for payment of Medi-Cal managed care capitation rate increases by PHC to Del Norte County to enable DHHS to provide Health care services to Del Norte County residents as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Direct County Counsel to prepare a letter outlining the California Department of Fish and Game Commission and Department of Fish and Wildlife's inconsistencies with departmental policy regarding cooperation and coordination with local agencies as requested by Chair Finigan.
20. Review the proposed budget for the 15/16 Fiscal Year for the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as revised; 1) Take no action results in approval. 2) Provide specific comments to be addressed by the DNSWMA and designate a representative to present any comments at the DNSWMA meeting scheduled for June 16, 2015 as requested by the Acting Director/Program Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
21. Approve and authorize Chair to sign letter opposing AB 45 which places all program and financial responsibilities on local governments, requiring such jurisdiction that provides for the residential collection and disposal of solid waste to increase the collection of HHW by 15% and would also require each jurisdiction to submit an additional annual report to the state as requested by the Acting Director/Program Manager of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
22. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte.† Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
23. Support letter written by First 5 California, Early Edge, and the statewide coalition of early education advocates asking the Governor to increase funding for specific issues that support young children as requested by Chair Finigan.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted:† May 29, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us