BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session.† Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time.† All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability.† Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters.† There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors.† NOTE:† If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing.† (Govt. Code ß 65009).† When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; Yurok Tribe v Del Norte County Board of Supervisors, State of California 01-14-0001-0483 II) Anticipated litigation 1)† Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govít Code 54956.9(d)† 2) Significant exposure Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govít Code 54956.9(d)- two cases -† (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations.†
∑ The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time.† In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
∑ Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
2. Authorize Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement 2014-095 between the County of Del Norte and Tim Nicely, M.D., Howard Croy, PA-C., and Kimberly Hanks, PA-C., as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. Approve and adopt Resolution authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner to sign Modification #4 for this SOD Agreement to Grant 11-DG-11052021 for Sudden Oak Death Monitoring as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
5. Approve and† take the following actions: Review and adopt a Resolution consenting to Inclusion of Properties within the County's Jurisdiction in CHF Community Facilities District No. 2014-1 (Clean Energy) to Finance Renewable Energy Generation, Energy Efficiency, Water Conservation and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Improvements; Review and adopt a Resolution consenting to Inclusion of Properties within the County's Unincorporated Area in the CHF PACE Program to Finance Renewable Energy Generation, Energy and Water Efficiency Improvements and Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure; Review and adopt a Resolution approving and Authorizing Execution of the Agreement for Collection of Special Taxes and Contractual Assessments as may be applicable; Approve and adopt Resolution approving proposed revisions to the California Home Finance Authority (Formal Name Change to Golden State Finance Authority Pending) Joint Powers Agreement as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Amendment to the Joint Powers Agreement adding Del Norte County as an associate member of the Western Riverside Council of Governments to permit the provision of property assessed clean energy (PACE) program services with such county and; approve and adopt Resolution consenting to inclusion of properties within the County's unincorporated area in the California HERO to finance distributed generation renewable energy sources, energy and water efficiency improvements and electric vehicle charging infrastructure as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve the Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Del Norte Department of Agriculture and the County of Humboldt Department of Agriculture and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Agreement which will be in effect for the next three Fiscal Years as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
8. Approve the 2015/16 Organic Program Cooperative Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner and/or County Administrative Officer to sign it on behalf of Del Norte County as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
9. Approve and accept donated mural on the East side of the Del Norte County Animal Shelter Kennel Building at 2650 West Washington Blvd., Crescent City, California as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and Mojgan Arshi, D.D.S., for Dental Services for the Del Norte County Jail Inmates as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Postpartum Support International for a 2 day training for Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders: Components of Care, not to exceed $20,500.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services Director to sign the First Amendment to the grant agreement (#2013-135) for the Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention (NEOP), formerly the Supplemental Nutrition and Physical Activity Education (SNAP-Ed) Program as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve the appointment of Maisoua Vang as the Community Member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care Development for a 2 year term; 2) approve the re-appointment of Amira Long as the Consumer member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care Development for a term of 2 years as requested by the Coordinator of the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development.**
17. Approve the Del Norte Early Care Countywide Plan for 2016-2018 and authorize the CBS representative to endorse it as requested by the Coordinator of the Local Planning Council and Childcare Development.**
22. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD:† Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board.† If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter.† Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
25. 11:00 A.M. 1) Hold a Public Hearing and consider the draft Ordinance and resolutions for the amendment of the General Plan land use and an immediate TPZ Rezone for a portion of APN 105-042-24 as requested by Green Diamond Resource Company and 2) Direct staff to return these items for final approval after receiving evidence that the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE) has granted an exemption from a Timberland Conversion Permit as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
26. Authorize CDD Staff to request $45,000.00 in Regional Surface Transportation Program Funds from the Del Norte Local Transportation Commission for Pedestrian Facility Maintenance within a 1/2 mile radius of Bess Maxwell Elementary School as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
27. Consider and approve proposed FY 2015/16 BCRAA budget, as provided in Article IV "Funding" of the BCRAA JPA Agreement. The agreement requires that a Participant contributing fund to the Authority pursuant to or in support of that budget must approve the budget before it is considered final as requested by the Program Manager of the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority.**
29. Authorize Airport Director to sign amendment between the State of California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the County of Del Norte for CAAP Project #DN-2-11-1, Obstruction Clearance Project to February 11, 2017 as requested by the Airport Director.**
30. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte.† Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
31. 1) Discuss and take action as necessary to modify the 2015/2016 Fiscal Year Recommended budgets as presented by departments; 2.Establish, eliminate and transfer positions within budget units as outlined in (Attachment A); 3.Approve the position list request for wireless device stipends as provided in the adopted Wireless Device Policy (Attachment B); 4) Direct the Budget Team to continue to research and analyze all available cost saving options; 5) Approve and adopt the 2015/2016 Fiscal Year Recommended Budgets as modified (Spreadsheet Attachment C); 6) Direct departments that no fixed asset purchases shall be allowed prior to the adoption of the Final Budget without Board of Supervisor approval; and 7) Direct departments that no budget transfer will be allowed that transfers funds from Salaries and Benefits to Service and Supplies unless determined to be an emergency by the County Administrator and Auditor/Controller as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted:† June 12, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us