BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; None. (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - two cases; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
2. Discuss and take action to appoint Elizabeth Cable, as Interim County Counsel, effective August 10, 2015 at Range A1(A), until such time as a permanent appointment is made, as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve, authorize and adopt Resolution approving an application for funding from the 2014-2015 California Cultural and Historical Endowment Museum Grant program and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign and execute a grant agreement and any amendments thereto for the purposes of this grant, as requested by County Administrative Officer.
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Employee Benefits Brokerage Services between Alliant Insurance Services and the County of Del Norte for the period of August 2, 2015 to July 31, 2016, in the amount of $40,000, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with North Valley Behavioral Health, LLC Yuba City, CA to provide acute inpatient psychiatric placement from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $278,000, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Grant Agreement for Immunization Services with the California Department of Public Health for the period July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2017, not to exceed $72,500, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with Turtle Medicine P.C. to provide medical services for County Jail Inmates and detainees at the County Juvenile Hall and Bar-O-Boys Ranch, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve and authorize the 2015 Exhibits A & B Annual Financial Plans for the Sheriff's Department 5 year Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service, as requested by Sheriff-Coroner.**
15. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. Approve and authorize the temporary closure of North and South Indian Road in Smith River, from the Howonquet Cemetery to the Howonquet Hall Community Center, from 7am to 5pm on Saturday, September 12, 2015, as requested by Assistant Engineer.**
19. Waive full reading, read by title only, and adopt proposed Amended Ordinance of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors to allow the First 5 Commission to expand its current membership from "not less than five nor more than seven" to "not less than seven nor more than nine", as requested by Director of First 5.**
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Memorandum of Understanding between the County of Del Norte and the Del Norte County Sheriff's Employees Association (SEA) effective September 22, 2015 through October 31, 2017, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
22. Approve and adopt Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Proclaiming the Existence of a Local Emergency Requesting a Governor's Declaration, as requested by County Administrative Officer.
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: August 5, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us