BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: I) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9; None (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(b) - none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(c) – two cases; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
4. Approve and authorize the Director of Child Support Services to enter into the annual agreement between Del Norte CSS and California DCSS effective October 1, 2015 through September 30, 2016, as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
5. Approve and authorize the application to the California Emergency Management Agency monies for the Victim Witness Program and approve and adopt Resolution for the continuing implementation of this program within the District Attorney's Office, as requested by the District Attorney.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with the County of Humboldt in order to continue the California Home Visiting Program (CHVP) as a partner of the Northcoast Tri-County Consortium (Del Norte, Humboldt, Siskiyou) from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2019 not to exceed $672,248.00, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with Herbert A. Cruz, M.D. for Oversight and Direction of Drug Medi-Cal Services for the period July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, not to exceed $4,200.00, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the IHSS Public Authority Coordinator to sign the Recognition Agreement with SEIU Local 2015 to recognize SEIU Local 2015 as the official successor union to CUHW, AFSCME/SEIU Local 4034 and recognize that SEIU 2015 is the exclusive bargaining representative for IHSS Care Providers in Del Norte County, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-25 in the amount of $3,372.00 for the 14/15 FY within the Community Development Department Environmental Health Budget, as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
15. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-26 in the amount of $36,363 for the FY 14/15 within the Department of Health and Human Services EMS Budget, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. 10:45 A.M. 1) Conclude the Public Hearing and adopt the 2015/2016 Fiscal Year Recommended Budget and all the Special District Budgets by Resolution as presented over the course of the budget hearings, and 2) Adopt Resolution 2015-068, a Resolution Fixing Tax Rates for Fiscal Year 2015/2016 per Government Code; and 3) Adopt Resolution 2015-069 setting the appropriation limits for Fiscal Year 2015/2016, and 3) Adopt Attachment "A" outlining staffing changes, including establishing positions with an effective date of October 1, 2015 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve and authorize Chair to sign a letter supporting the Broadband Lifeline Program for all low-income households from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), as requested by Chair Finigan.**
20. Review and approve the Amended Securitized Promissory Note Between Del Norte County and the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority (BCRAA) in relation to the change in use of loan funds, as requested by the Proactive Financial Goal Committee.**
21. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization and discuss approval of an applicant's request to be excused from appearing for an upcoming Assessment Appeal hearing due to medical issues in accordance to Chapter 8 Section 1607 Rule 316 in Assessment Appeals Manual, as requested by the applicant Dwayne B. Smith.**
23. Continue Public Hearing to consider Planning Commission's recommendation to deny variance for over-height residence located at 625 S. Fred Haight Drive, as requested by Assistant Director of Community Development Department.
24. Direct staff to work with Elk Valley Rancheria in preparing a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between the County of Del Norte and the Tribe regarding the Tribe's contribution of Indian Health Services Grant Funds to the construction, improvement and rehabilitation of County Wastewater disposal facilities in return for credit toward future County connection charges to the County Service Area No. 1, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
25. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send letter to the Oregon State Office of the Bureau of Land Management supporting the five year mineral withdrawal proposal in aid of federal legislation H.R. 682/S.346, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
27. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 10, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us