BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:
(a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1); Crockett v. County of Del Norte CVUJ 14- 1095 (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) - one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – two cases; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations. Conduct annual evaluation of the Director of Health and Human Services. Conduct interviews for the County Counsel position.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
5. Approve and authorize the Tax Collector and County Administrative Officer to execute the Printing and Mailing Services Agreement with Pre-Sort Center of Stockton, Inc., as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a three year Professional Services Agreement between Bid4Assets, Inc. and the County of Del Norte in order to provide advertising and website services for the Public Internet Auction of Tax Defaulted Properties as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Amendment 1 to the Official Payments Services Agreement between Official Payments Corporation and the County of Del Norte as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
8. Approve and adopt Resolution appointing the individuals whose names and titles appear on the Resolution to act as authorized officials to execute applications and documents for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
9. Approve and appoint Jeff Harris, Superintendent of the Del Norte County Unified School District (DNCUSD)/County Office of Education as a Public Member on the Del Norte First 5 Commission with his term to take effect immediately after approval with a period of four years ending in October 2019 as requested by the Executive Director of the First 5 Commission.**
10. Approve and authorize the Director of Child Support Services, Debbie Mayhue, to enter into an annual agreement between Del Norte Child Support Services and LabCorp for genetic testing services at a rate of $38.00 per person as requested by the Assistant Director of Child Support Services.**
11. Accept a donation from the International Organization of Odd Fellows (IOOF) to the Del Norte County Veterans Cemetery Fund in the amount of $5,000.00 as requested by the Veterans Service Officer.**
12. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an annual 5 year Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service, Pacific Southwest Region and the Six Rivers National Forest that includes an annual financial plan for each year through 2020 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
13. Approve and appoint David Finigan as the Director and Gerry Hemmingsen as the alternate for the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors for the 2015-2016 Association year beginning December 1, 2015 as requested by Chair Finigan.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Pasquale Romano for Certified Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Prevention Services from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement Number 14-90054 (Del Norte County Agreement Number 2014-204) with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017, and authorize the Director of the Department of Health and Human Services to sign any associated or required documents as they relate to this Agreement as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Community Recovery Resources for residential substance abuse services for July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $31,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. 1) Approve and adopt Resolution #2015-075 approving the application and authorizing execution of the State/Local Partnership Program Grant contract with the California Arts Council for the year of 2015-2016 and; 2) Approve and adopt Resolution #2015-076 expressing appreciation and commendation for the many accomplishments of the Del Norte Association for Cultural Awareness (DNACA) as requested by the Executive Director of the Del Norte Association for Cultural Awareness.**
20. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
21. 10:30 A.M. Waive full reading, read by title only, introduce and conduct a Public Hearing on a proposed Amendment to Chapter 10.25 of the Del Norte County Code (the Off-Highway Vehicles Chapter) as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
23. 1) Find that there is a need to continue to take any directly related and immediate action to repair the pressure sewer line due to a continued threat to the health, safety and welfare of the public related to the imminent danger of waste water surfacing and entering a watercourse that is not contained; and 2) Direct staff to return to each regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Supervisors until the action is completed as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
25. Approve and adopt Resolution entitled, "A Resolution of the Del Norte County Public Improvement Incorporation Electing Officer for 2015," and direct the Clerk of the Board to file the Statement by Domestic Nonprofit Corporation with the Secretary of the State as requested by the Clerk of the Board.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 9, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us