BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Two Workmans’ Compensation Cases; (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) - zero; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – zero; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Health and Human Services; and Conduct Evaluation of AG Commissioner.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
3. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters to sign the attached Voting System & Services Agreement with Dominion Voting Systems, as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
4. Approve and adopt Resolution appointing Mechelle Webb to fill the vacancy on the Del Norte County Library District Board of Trustees, for one term beginning November 1, 2015 and ending November 1, 2016, as requested by the Del Norte County Library District Chair.**
7. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with Casa Serenity, LLC, Red Bluff, CA for Adult Residential Care Services for the period July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $47,000, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Progress House, Inc. for residential substance abuse services for July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $31,000, as requested by Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #11-01 in the amount of $211,597 within the Department of Health and Human Services - Social Services Budget in order to add the revenue and expense for the Expanded Subsidized Employment Program for Fiscal Year 2015-16, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. 10:15 A.M. Waive full reading and introduce proposed Ordinance to amend Chapter 2.33, Sections 2.33.085 and 2.33.086 of the Del Norte County Code relating to the Financial Limits of Informal and Formal Bidding Procedures as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
14. 10:45 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization to conduct a public hearing on a Change of Assessment for parcel numbers 107-232-06; 107-232-13; 107-233-04; 107-233-13; 107-242-05; 108-042-15 roll year 13/14. (Smith)
17. Approve and authorize the submission of one additional project proposal to the Del Norte Resource Advisory Committee (Del Norte RAC) for Title II funds allocated from the Secure Rural Schools and Community Self Determination Act for a drainage improvement project to Big Flat Road, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign letter to the Oregon Water Resources Commission including a copy of the Board's September 22, 2015 letter to the Bureau of Land Management Oregon regarding mineral withdrawal in support of the Southwestern Oregon Watershed and Salmon Protection Act, as requested by Director of Community Development.**
19. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: November 6, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us