BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:
Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Crockett v. County of Del Norte Case No. CVUJ 14-1905 (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) - zero; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – two cases; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Health and Human Services; and Conduct Evaluation of AG Commissioner.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
5. Approve and adopt the Amended Resolution appointing Mechelle Webb to fill the vacancy on the Del Norte County Library District Board of Trustees, for one term beginning November 1, 2015 and ending November 25, 2016, as requested by the Del Norte County Library District Chair.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with ZiaPartners, Inc. (Agreement #2015-023) in San Rafael, CA for consultation services from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2016, not to exceed $172,730.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
11. 10:45 A.M. Open and continue the Public Hearing for the Street Vacation Application in the Pacific Shores Subdivision to January 12, 2016 at 10:30 A.M. to allow staff time to publish the Public Hearing date and time per California Streets and Highways Code §8322 as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
12. Waive full reading and adopt Ordinance to amend Chapter 2.33, Sections 2.33.085 and 2.33.086 of the Del Norte County Code relating to the Financial Limits of Informal and Formal Bidding Procedures as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and authorize Chair to sign SHARE support letter in regards to elk and other issues and send to the Department of Fish and Wildlife as requested by Supervisor Hemmingsen as an urgency item.
16. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: November 20, 2015
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us