BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:
(a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) One Worker’s Compensation Case (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; IHSS Negotiations; Conduct Evaluation of the Director of Health and Human Services; and Conduct Evaluation of the Director of Child Support Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
8. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with St. Helena Hospital located in St. Helena, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services for the period July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016 not to exceed $15,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with St. Helena Hospital Center for Behavioral Health located in Vallejo, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $15,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Memorandum of Understanding with the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) Local 2015, effective upon approval from the IHSS Public Authority Governing Board and SEIU Local 2015 member's ratification of this agreement as requested by the County Administrative Officer and the IHSS Public Authority-Staff Services Analyst.**
12. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
16. Review and select one of the three options listed under the Alternatives Section for the Cooper Avenue and J Street intersection traffic study or Direct staff to return with additional alternatives as requested by the County Engineer.**
18. Discuss and provide direction regarding Revised Special Conditions imposed on the 2015 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Standard Agreement; and approve and authorize the following Sub-recipient Agreements and allow the County Administrative Officer to execute all necessary documents associated with the listed Agreements: 1) Sub-recipient Agreement with Del Norte Senior Center for the Senior Nutritional Meal Services; 2) Sub-recipient Agreement with CASA of Del Norte for Children's Advocacy Services as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. Direct staff to return at a future meeting to report on actions that are being taken by other jurisdictions with respect to the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act and to provide additional information that's requested by the Board of Supervisors as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
22. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: January 22, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us