BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Brown v. County of Del Norte, et. al 13-CV-01451-SC; David Egan v County of Del Norte et al, CV-12-5300NJV; Gleason v. Bowen 34-2014-80001786; McNamara v. Blatnick et. al CVUJ 14-1223; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; Verizon California Inc. v. California State Board of Equalization et. al, Superior Court of California, County of Sacramento Case No. 2011- 0116029 (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Health and Human Services; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Child Support Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
2. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Lease Agreement between the County of Del Norte Probation Department and Hambros Forest Products, Inc. for space to operate the Paxton/Patterson Building Skills Program as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Addendum to the Agreement with the National Council on Crime and Delinquency (Agreement #2014-031) for Child Welfare Services' access to SafeMeasures reporting commencing March 01, 2016 through February 28, 2018, for a total of $12,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve and adopt Resolution authorizing the Director of Community Development to act on behalf of the County with regard to renewal of a lease with the State Lands Commission for a portion of the Klamath Beach Road right-of-way as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
7. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Software License Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Megabyte Systems, Inc., as requested by the Treasurer Tax-Collector, the County Assessor and the Auditor Controller.**
8. Approve and adopt revised Classification Description for the position of Coroners Assistant for the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department Office as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 5, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us