BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters:(a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) none (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; Conduct Evaluation of the Director of Health and Human Services. Conduct Evaluation of the County Administrative Officer.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
2. Approve and appoint Bessie Shorty to the discretionary position (interim replacement) on the Local Planning for Child Care and Development Council committee with term ending on June 30, 2017 as requested by the Early Education Director of the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development.**
3. Approve and adopt Resolution concerning Drought Emergency Conservation Regulations from the State Water Resources Control Board as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
5. Approve and authorize chair to sign the 2016 Exhibit B Financial Plan of the Sheriff's Department 5 year Cooperative Law Enforcement Agreement with the U.S. Forest Service (Agreement #2015-146) as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
6. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Second Amendment to Agreement Number 14-90054 (Del Norte County Agreement Number 2014-204) with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2017, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign any associated or required documents that relate to this Agreement as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Memorandum of Understanding with the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) for access to The Work Number from April 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize Chair to sign the Agreement with the University of Maryland, Baltimore for Wraparound Development and Training Services as a partner of the tri-county consortium (Del Norte, Humboldt, Lake) from March 1, 2016 through December 31, 2017 or until services are completed, not to exceed $95,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize Chair to sign Agreement with Jeff Mitchell Architecture to provide professional architectural services in anticipation of re-roofing the Flynn Center in the amount of $2,850.00. Any additional services will be charged at a rate of $75.00 per hour as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-03 in the amount of $84,429.00 within the Department of Health and Human Services Social Services Budget as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
16. 11:00 A.M. Recognize Houawa Moua as the recipient of the California Environmental Protection Agency 2016 Secretary's Award for Environmental Achievement as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
17. Review annual update, accept public comment and direct staff to transmit Annual Progress Report to the Governor's Office of Planning and Research (OPR) and California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
18. Direct staff to submit a Systemic Safety Analysis Report Program Application (SSARP Application) and request the minimum 10% funding match from the Del Norte Local Transportation Commission (DNLTC) and authorize the Director of the Community Development Department to sign the SSARP documents on behalf of the County as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
19. Discuss and take possible action to amend the Joint Powers Authority Agreement between the City of Crescent City and the County of Del Norte creating the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority as requested by the Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
22. 1) Receive and file the mid-year budget update as submitted by the County Administrative Officer and the Auditor-Controller and 2) Direct the departments to maintain revenue and expenditures as estimated in the mid-year report and continue working on solutions to reduce net county cost as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 18, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us