BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) United States et al. ex rel. Perez v. Stericycle Inc. Civil Action No. 1:08-cv-2390; One Worker’s Compensation Case (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and the Del Norte County Employees' Association, Sheriff's Employees' Association, and represented and unrepresented bargaining units; Conduct Evaluation of Director of Health and Human Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the amended Letter of Mutual Interest between the County of Del Norte and other Smith River National Recreation Area stakeholders as requested by Supervisor Hemmingsen.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement for Professional Services between the County of Del Norte and Northwest California Resource Conservation & Development Council (NCRCD) for the preparation of environmental documents as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
7. Approve and authorize the appointment of Neal Lopez, Assistant County Administrative Officer as the primary Del Norte County Representative Board Member to the Trindel Board of Directors and Amy Cox, Risk Management Analyst as the alternate Del Norte County Representative Board Member to the Trindel Board of Directors as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the amended Lease Agreement between the Del Norte County Probation Department and Hambros Forest Products, Inc. for space to operate the Paxton/Patterson building skills program as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Residential Lease Agreement with Bayside Realty for a single family residence at 367 Del Monte Street located in Crescent City, CA on a month-to-month basis beginning May 01, 2016, for an amount not to exceed $950.00 per month or $11,400.00 per year as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement with Restpadd, Inc. (Agreement #2015-089) in Redding, CA to provide acute inpatient psychiatric services from July 01, 2015 through June 30, 2016, not to exceed $360,000.00 as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve the District Attorney to maintain the position within the Victim Witness Office and partially fund the position with the General Fund. The employee was previously funded by the CHAT grant that ended on September 30, 2015. The employee is a valued employee and has been employed in the Victim Witness Office since July of 2002. The Victim Witness Grant was augmented by $20,850.00 which will be used to partially fund this position as requested by the District Attorney.**
14. Approve and adopt a Resolution designating the Director of Health and Human Services as the Del Norte County Lanterman, Petris, Short (LPS) Conservator and authorizing the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services to act as the Del Norte County LPS Conservator in the absence of the Director as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
16. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
20. Discuss and take possible action on reducing the policy for holding animals from 5 business days to 3 business days at the local Animal Control Shelter effective May 01, 2016 as requested by the Agricultural weights and measures Inspector.**
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 8, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us