BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Brown v. County of Del Norte, et. al 13-CV-01451-SC (b) Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one case; (c); III) Personnel negotiations pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator and represented and unrepresented bargaining units (d) Conference with Real Property Negotiators regarding Klamath Baseball Field (APN 140-140-2) Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO; Negotiating Party: Yurok Tribe; Under Negotiation: Transfer to Tribe.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
2. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for work related to detection of exotic insect pests in Del Norte County as requested by the Weights and Measures Inspector.**
3. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing a submittal of a Regional Payment Program Application for a Beverage Container Recycling Grant as requested by the Director of the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority.**
4. Approve and appoint Karen Satern to fill a community member position on the Local Mental Health Board effective immediately as requested by the Assistant Director of the Department of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the County of Del Norte and Humboldt County for legal services for Conflict Attorney as requested by County Counsel.**
8. Approve and authorize the Director of Child Support Services to enter into an annual Agreement between Del Norte Child Support Services and Christine Doehle, Attorney, for Attorney Services at a rate of $200.00 per hour, totaling no more than $73,000.00 per FY 2016/2017 as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Del Norte County Child Care Priorities for full and part day State Preschool as requested by the Coordinator for the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Yurok Tribe, Del Norte County, Del Norte District Attorney, Del Norte County Sheriff, Del Norte County Superior Court and the Crescent City Police Department to coordinate dispositions involving Yurok Tribal Youth as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the amended WSCA/NASPO FMV Lease Option C Agreement with Pitney Bowes for the lease of a mail processing machine as requested by the Director of the Information Technology Department.**
14. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
16. 10:45 A.M. 1) Hold a public hearing, waive full reading and introduce by title only the proposed Ordinance causing an immediate rezone of lands currently zoned TPZ as well as a General Plan Amendment and 2) Direct staff to bring the Ordinance back for a second reading and approval of the recommended Resolutions at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Supervisors as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
19. Approve and adopt a Resolution designating the Del Norte County Planning Commission augmented with two additional representatives of the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority, as the body designated to carry out the functions of the Airport Land Use Commission as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. Approve the request of JME Construction to connect Assessor Parcel Number 116-114-12 to the County Service Area's Madison Avenue Lift Station subject to the following conditions: 1) Payment to a fee equal to the original assessment prior to issuance of the building permit and 2) a building permit be obtained for the proposed residence as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: May 20, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us