BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Floyd Squires v. Del Norte County SC160146; McGahuey v. Del Norte County CVUJ2016-1174 (b) Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU; (d) Conference with Real Property Negotiators: Property: APN 11502018 Sitka Spruce/Crescent City Marsh Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO; Negotiating Party: Hambros; Under Negotiation: transfer to County including but not limited price and terms of payment.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the required reports which validate funding from the State of California for the Del Norte County Veteran's Service Office as requested by the Veteran's Service Officer.**
3. Approve and adopt a Resolution approving the application the State Department of Parks and Recreation for submittal of a grant application for the Pyke Field Improvement Project 2016 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Area 1 Agency on Aging to provide an area service plan relating to services and support for elderly Americans in Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Sydney M. Clinton, Northcoast Health Screening for Alcohol and Drug Testing services from July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Assistant Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Petroleum Agreement 2016-17 between the Del Norte County and the California Department of Food and Agriculture, Division of Measurement Standards as requested by the Agricultural Weights and Measures Inspector.**
8. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for work related to detection of exotic pests in Del Norte County as requested by the Agricultural Weights and Measures Inspector.**
10. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-10 within the FY 15/16 2011 Public Safety Realignment budget in the amount of $60,588.00 from the Department Allotment to Op Trans Out JPF (243) and Op Trans Out-JPCF (240) as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
11. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-11 in the amount of $7,440.00 for Budget Unit 306-064 (Flood Control District 4C-Klamath Glen Levee FY 15/16) as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
12. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-12 in the amount of $5,700.00 which will reconcile the Intrafund Community Development Administration Allocation and Cost Plan Allocation within the Environmental Health (410) Division for FY 15/16 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-13 in the amount of $33,440.00 to transfer funds into the Primary Election line item to pay unexpected production and printing cost incurred for the Presidential Primary Election that occurred on June 07, 2016 as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-15 in the amount of $29,603.00 from the General Fund Contingency Budget to the Agriculture Commission Budget as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
15. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. 1) Consider the nomination of Joseph Futrell, Attorney at Law, as submitted by the Public Defenders to fill the position recently vacated by Peter Benjamin McLaughlin, Attorney at Law; and 2) Accept or reject the proposed nomination of Joseph Futrell, Attorney at Law, by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors; and if accepted 3) Approve the Fifth Amendment to Agreement 2014-091 replacing the position vacated by Attorney Peter Benjamin McLaughlin, Attorney at Law, and extending the current Agreement termination date to June 30, 2017 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.
20. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: July 22, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us