BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Brown v. County of Del Norte, et. al 13-CV-01451-SC; Gleason v. Bowen 34-2014-80001786; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; McGahuey v. Del Norte County CVUJ2016-1174; Grassroots v. California Coastal Commission et al. Superior Court of California, County of San Diego, Case No. 37-2016-00006073-CU-MC-CTL, (b) Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU; (d) Conference with Real Property Negotiators: Property: APN 140-140-2 Klamath Baseball Field Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO; Negotiating Party: Yurok Tribe; Under Negotiation: transfer to Tribe including but not limited price and terms. (e) Public Employee Performance Evaluation: Title: Chief Probation Officer.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:30 A.M. Hold a Public Hearing, waive full reading and introduce the proposed Ordinance to allow the First 5 Commission to define that its current membership of, "Not less than seven nor more than nine," will include two non-voting alternate members as requested by the Executive Director of the First 5 Commission.**
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution for exception to the 180 day waiting period when hiring a retiree since his or her retirement date per government code §7522.56 & §21224 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and adopt a Resolution approving the first amendments to the Joint Powers Agreement and Plan for the Del Norte County Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Service Authority and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amended Joint Powers Agreement for the Del Norte County Abandoned Vehicle Abatement Service Authority as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
9. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the Community Development Director to submit applications for up to a five year period to the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery (CalRecycle) for grant programs to support the County's illegal disposal site abatement efforts as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
10. Approve the Del Norte County Adopt-A-Road Program and direct the Community Development Department-Roads Division to implement the program as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with Charis Youth Center (Agreement #2016-120) to provide Residential and Mental Health Services for the period April 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $90,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with Victor Treatment Centers, Inc. (Agreement #2015-118) providing children's mental health services for the period July 01, 2015 to June 30, 2016, not to exceed $76,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Pasquale Romano for Certified Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Prevention Services from July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017 not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Restpadd, Inc., Redding, CA to provide acute inpatient psychiatric services from July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $360,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Red Sky Roofing, Inc. for the reroof of the Flynn Center Building in the amount of $104,400.00 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and authorize the Tax Collector and County Administrative Officer to sign the Printing and Mailing Services Agreement with Pre-Sort Center of Stockton, Inc. as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
18. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 7, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us