BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government code 54956.9(d)(1) Grassroots v. California Coastal Commission et al. Superior Court of California, County of San Diego, Case No. 37-2016-00006073-CU-MC-CTL; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; (b) Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU; (d) Conference with Real Property Negotiators: Property: APN 140-140-2 Klamath Baseball Field Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO; Negotiating Party: Yurok Tribe; Under Negotiation: transfer to Tribe including but not limited price and terms.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution approving the St. George Reef Lighthouse Preservation Society's intent to develop a prior permission required helipad at St. George Reef Lighthouse as requested by Chair Hemmingsen.**
8. Approve and authorize the appointment of Cathy Hafterson, Human Resources Manager/Risk Manager as the alternate Del Norte County Representative Board Member to the Trindel Board of Directors as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. 1) Approve the final Note and Financing Agreement for Phase II Passenger Terminal Completion at the Del Norte County Airfield, Jack McNamara Field and 2) authorize the Chair to sign the attached loan and agreement documents as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Direct staff to prepare a letter directed to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation requesting that they continue funding for the Community Work Program for Level 1 inmates as requested by Supervisor Gitlin.
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached letter to the California Fish and Game Commission opposing a petition submitted to the Commission (2016-023) that requests changes to the fishing regulations on the Smith River that would ban the use of roe as bait and close the river to fishing above the middle and south forks in November and December as requested by Chair Hemmingsen.**
13. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: November 18, 2016
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us