BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; Big Rock Community Services District v. Peeples et al. CVUJ 2016-1338; Two Worker’s Compensation Cases (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
3. Approve the reclassification of one (1) Office Technician III position at salary range 31 to a Human Resources Technician I/II at salary range 36/38 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. 1) Approve the appointments to the Local District Boards as submitted by the Districts in accordance with Election Code 10515 and 2) Approve and appoint the candidates and terms declared elected by nomination as requested by the Clerk/Registrar of Voters.**
5. Approve and appoint Supervisor Chris Howard as the Board of Supervisors Representative to the First 5 Commission to replace and complete David Finigan's term ending in January, 2019 as requested by the Executive Director of the First Five Commission.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Shooting Range Sublease Agreement between the Del Norte County Probation Department and the City of Brookings as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
13. Approve and authorize the Office of Administration to issue a Request for Proposals for the Preparation of the Continuity of Operations Plan and Continuity of Government Plan (COOP-COG) for Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
14. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an Agreement with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to house an inmate for the Del Norte County Jail as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
15. Approve and authorize the District Attorney to sign the Agreement with Karpel Solutions for Prosecutor by Karpel, a Case Management System (CMS) for the District Attorney's Office as requested by the District Attorney.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Stage One Childcare Services with Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC) for the period July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $572,810.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with BHC Sierra Vista Hospital (Agreement #2016-007) in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 01, 2015 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $45,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve the submission of a Request For Proposal with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for implementation of a Lead Poisoning Prevention Program from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020 not to exceed $216,915.00, and authorize the Director of the Department of Health and Human Services to accept and sign the subsequent agreement and associated documents if funding is granted as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Lease Agreement with Siskiyou Training and Employment Program, Inc. (STEP) for office space at the Del Norte Workforce Center from January 01, 2017 through December 31, 2017, not to exceed $3,722.40 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Alcohol Drug Care Services, Inc. for residential treatment and detoxification services for July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $20,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
22. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Agreement between Del Norte County and the City of Crescent City to provide emergency public works services for Cooper Avenue as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
23. Approve and authorize the Chair to submit a comment letter regarding the Science Synthesis to Inform Plan Revisions within the Northwest Forest Plan Area as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
24. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #12-01 in the amount of $101,750.00 within the Social Services Budget for the increase in provider payments for Stage One Child Care Services as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
26. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
28. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a letter regarding the closure of the Redwood National and State Parks Crescent City Information Center as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
29. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: January 6, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us