BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Big Rock Community Services District v. Peeples et al. CVUJ 2016-1338; UFCW and Employees’ Benefit Trust v. Sutter Health San Francisco Superior Court Case No. CGC 14-538451 (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU. Public Employment Interviews for Building/Parks Maintenance Superintendent pursuant to Government Code 54957(b)
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:45 A.M. 1) Smith River National Recreation Area Restoration and Motorized Travel Management Project Presentation. (Randy Hooper, Assistant Director of the Community Development Department) and; 2) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached objection letter and send it to the Forest Service Objection Review Officer as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing an application for Senate Bill 844 Adult Local Criminal Justice Facilities Financing Program Renovation and Remodeling for a safe secure facility, increase the programs available and provide additional space for programs and meeting required certifications as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
16. Approve and appoint District 4 Supervisor Hemmingsen as the Delegate and District 3 Supervisor Howard as the alternate on the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors Board for the 2016/2017 year as requested by CSAC.**
17. Approve and authorize the creation of Step II to the existing Registered Nurse, Prevention Program Coordinator and Health Education Coordinator Positions and the addition of One (1) Registered Nurse I/II position within the Department of Health and Human Services as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Redwoods Community College District for clinical placement of students from October 1, 2016 through September 20, 2017 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. 1) Review and approve the Del Norte County Treasurer's 2017 Statement of Investment Policy and 2) Approve and adopt a Resolution delegating investment authority to the County Treasurer as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
20. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into an Agreement with the California Department of Corrections for Sheriff's employees to use their gun range when needed as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
21. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Johnny Earl Jacobs dba Bayside Excavation and Construction for the demolition and removal of the burned manufactured home at Bar-O Boys Ranch as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
22. Approve and authorize the use of County travel funds for Supervisor Cowan to accompany a contingency of County, City and School District personnel to Rukuzentakata, Japan as requested by Supervisor Cowan.**
24. Approve and authorize the use of County travel funds for Chair Howard to attend the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Sharing Economy Seminar being held in Sacramento, CA on Thursday January 26, 2017 as requested by Chair Howard.**
26. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-02 in the amount of $4,219.00 within the Code Enforcement Budget to allow repayment of funds to the Yurok Tribe as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
27. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a letter of support for Humboldt County Supervisor Ryan Sundberg's appointment to the California Coastal Commission as requested by Humboldt County Supervisor Ryan Sundberg.**
28. Direct staff to send a letter to Assemblymen Wood and Senator McGuire requesting to supply state funding for California Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (CDCR) work crews as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.**
29. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
30. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for Senate Bill 1 (Transportation Funding and Reform Package) to Senator Beall and Assembly Member Frazier as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: January 20, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us