BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Big Rock Community Services District v. Peeples et al. CVUJ 2016-1338; Alice Brown v. United States et. al CV 16-7235; One Worker’s Compensation Case; b) Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:30 A.M. Hold a Public Hearing, waive full reading and introduce by title only an Ordinance amending Coastal zoning map C-8 (Tedsen Lane RCA Rezone APN 110-400-15) as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department**
6. Approve and adopt a Resolution appointing Lori Cowan to the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Board of Commissioners per the Government Code section 6500, et seq, the "JPA Law," as requested by the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Program Manager.**
11. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Crescent City Skilled Nursing, LLC. to assist and play a significant role in protecting their employees and the community during disasters; and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign any extensions to the MOU's if needed as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and adopt a Resolution recognizing the exemplary service of Mike Marks, retiring Youth Group Counselor at the Del Norte County Bar-O Boys Ranch as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
13. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into the Annual Boating and Safety Agreement with the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways for the fiscal year 2017/18 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with the California Department of Health and Human Services' compliance maintaining the privacy and security of Personally Identifiable Information as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Residential Lease Agreement (Agreement #2016-128) with Fernando Pereira for a single family residence at 678 C Street Apartment B located in Crescent City, CA on a month-to-month basis beginning October 1, 2016, for an amount not to exceed $800.00 per month or $10,400.00 per year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Robert Soper, M.D. for psychiatric consultation services from the period July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2017, not to exceed $198,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with the California Department of Public Health for the HIV Surveillance Program (Contract #16-10767) for the period July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2019 not to exceed $10,641.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Direct staff to send letter of appreciation to Wal-Mart Store #1910, attention to General Manager Peter Davis, Crescent City for securing it's liquor inventory to protect local youth as requested by Supervisor Gitlin.**
19. Approve and authorize the appointment of Neal Lopez, Assistant County Administrative Officer as the primary Del Norte County representative Board Member and Cathy Hafterson, Human Resources/Risk Manager as the alternate Del Norte County representative Board Member to the CSAC Excess Insurance Authority Board of Directors as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
20. Approve the reclassification of one (1) Office Technician III position at salary range 31 to a Human Resources Technician I/II at salary range 36/38 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
22. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-03 in the amount of $3,500.00 within the Professional Services Budget to cover the cost of housing AB 109 eligible clients as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
23. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-04 in the amount of $21,912.00 within the Bar-O Boys Ranch budget to cover the work required at Bar-O Boys Ranch as a result of the fire for the demolition and removal of the burned manufactured home as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
25. 1) Introduce the attached Title 19 Environment Ordinance to recodify by title and waive first reading; 2) Set the Ordinance for adoption at the February 28, 2017 regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors; and 3) Direct the Clerk of the Board to publish the pre-adoption summary of the Ordinance and to post a certified copy of the full text of the proposed Ordinance in the office of the Board of Supervisors, both publication and posting must be done at least five (5) days prior to the Board meeting at which the Ordinance will be adopted as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
26. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the draft comment letter to the Redwood National and State Parks regarding the reintroduction of the California Condor as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
28. Consider miscellaneous budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
29. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for Senate Bill 1 (Transportation Funding and Reform Package) to Senator Beall and Assembly Member Frazier as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 10, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us