BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; Wanner vs. Del Norte County Dept. of Agriculture CVPT 2017-1051 b) Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
7. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to sign an Agreement between Del Norte and Shasta County for the provision of Del Norte County Jail services consisting of housing sentenced Shasta County inmates to Del Norte County Jail for the amount of $77.00 per day per inmate, plus $3.00 per day for medical, effective September 01, 2016 through September 08, 2018 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Second Amendment to the Allocation Agreement from the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) for Medi-Cal Outreach and Enrollment services for the term March 12, 2014 through June 30, 2018, in the amount of $136,378.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Transitional Housing Program Plus Foster Care (THP-Plus-FC) with Environmental Alternatives, Inc. (EA) not to exceed $175,980.00 for the period July 01, 2016 to June 30, 2017 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Environmental Alternatives, Inc. for the Transitional Housing Program-Plus services for the period July 01, 2016 to June 30, 2017, not to exceed $75,120.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Richterich Construction for the framing and installation of a Security Door at the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department in the amount of $10,686.00 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Continuity Innovations for the preparation of a Continuity of Operations Plan and Continuity of Government Plan for Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
14. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the Del Norte County Community Development Department to apply for Local Enforcement Agency Grants for a period not to exceed five (5) years and delegate the Director of the Community Development Department or her designee to sign the necessary applications, contracts, agreements, amendments and payment request forms as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
16. Approve and authorize Chair to send a letter of appreciation to Wal-Mart Store #1910, attention to General Manager Peter Davis, Crescent City for securing it's liquor inventory to protect local youth as requested by Supervisor Gitlin.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-06 in the amount of $4,000.00 within the Case Management System Line and the Office Supply Line for equipment necessary for the District Attorney's Case Management System as requested by the District Attorney.**
19. 1) Conclude the public hearing and approve the proposed Ordinance amending the Coastal zoning map C-8 2) adopt the Resolution transmitting the Boards approval to the Coastal Commission Certification and 3) direct the Clerk of the Board to transmit a summary of the Ordinance to the newspaper of general circulation for publication within 15 days of its passage as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. 1) Adopt the attached Ordinance creating Title 22 Environment and deleting Title 19 Environment Sections 19.04.010 through 19.04.140; and 2) Direct the Clerk of the Board, within 15 days after the Ordinance is publish a post-adoption summary of the Ordinance with the names of Supervisors voting for or against the Ordinance, and to post in the office of the Board of Supervisors a certified copy of the full text of the adopted Ordinance and amendments along with the names of those Supervisors voting for or against the Ordinance as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
23. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
25. 1) Receive and file the mid-year budget update as submitted by the County Administrative Officer and Auditor-Controller 2) direct departments to maintain revenue and expenditures as estimated in the mid-year report and continue working on solutions to reduce net costs and 3) direct the Chief Probation Officer to return to the Board at the next available meeting to discuss Bar-O financial issues and alternatives as requested by the Auditor-Controller and the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 24, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us