BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Wanner vs. Del Norte County Dept. of Agriculture CVPT 2017-1051; Big Rock Community Services District v. Peeples et al. CVUJ 2016-1338; Alice Brown v. United States et. al CV 16-7235; Grassroots v. California Coastal Commission et al. Superior Court of California, County of San Diego, Case No. 37-2016-00006073-CU-MC-CTL; Brown v. County of Del Norte, et. al 13-CV-01451-SC; Gleason v. Bowen 34-2014-80001786; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; McGahuey v. Del Norte County CVUJ2016-1174; David H. Egan v. Del Norte County et. al. CVUJ 14-1046; Floyd Squires v. Del Norte County SC160146 b) Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – two; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU; (d) Public Employee Performance Evaluation: Title: Director Community Development
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:45 A.M. Receive a report regarding the potential loss of the Essential Air Service Program funding as it relates to the Del Norte County Regional Airport. (Matthew Leitner, Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Director)
5. Approve and appoint Supervisor Hemmingsen and Supervisor Cowan to the No Place Like Home Program to help plan for Permanent Supportive Housing and Community Development as requested by Senator McGuire.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Addendum to Agreement Number 2016-111 with Kings View Corporation for Mental Health Branch Electronic Health Record System, not to exceed $153,247.00 for the period July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Agreement between the Del Norte County Probation Department and the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation for use of Pelican Bay Range as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Forensic Medical Group, Inc. for forensic pathology, autopsy and professional services on behalf of the Sheriff-Coroner as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Second Amendment to the Agreement (#2013-109) for Professional Services for the Requa Road at Hunter Creek Bridge Replacement Project as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
11. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-02 in the amount of $5,784.00 from Resource Conservation District Grant to the Part-Time Temporary budget line to cover extra grant work taken on by the Department of Agriculture last summer that depleted the part time temporary funds as requested by the Agricultural Weights and Measures Inspector IV.**
12. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-03 in the amount of $55,847.00 to match the 2016/2017 Victim Witness Grant awarded to the District Attorney's Office as requested by the Assistant District Attorney.**
13. 1) Consider, review and approve a concept of an equal value land exchange between the County of Del Norte and California State Parks as part of the process to remove trees presently penetrating protected airspace in the vicinity of CEC (Del Norte County Regional Airport) and 2) authorize staff to engage in further negotiations with California State Parks as requested by the Director of the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority.
14. 1) Review annual update, accept public comment and 2) direct staff to transmit the Annual Progress Report to the Governor's Office of Planning and Research (OPR) and California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
16. Approve and authorize Big Rock Community Services District to occupy County land in Hiouchi for use as a staging area for their Hillside Stabilization Project subject to use permit approval and authorize Big Rock to move forward with a use permit application as requested by Chair Howard.**
17. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
19. Approve and appoint Supervisor Cowan as the alternate to travel to Washington D.C. for advocacy of the Del Norte County Federal Legislative Platform in case Supervisor Howard or Supervisor Hemmingsen isn't able to attend as requested by Chair Howard.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 24, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us