BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: (a) Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) none Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU; (d) Public Employee Performance Evaluation: Title: Director Community Development.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:45 A.M. 1) Conduct a Public Hearing to discuss the use of Community Development Block Grant Program Income to Complete the necessary On-Site Infrastructure work for the Connection of the West Park Property to the Northcrest Sewer Lift Station; 2) Adopt a Resolution Approving the Use of $82,000 in Program Income Funds ; and 3) Authorize the County Administrative Officer to begin Procurement Process (Issues a Request for Proposal) to obtain Contractor to Complete On-Site Infrastructure work.** (Toni Self, Administrative Analyst)
6. Approve and adopt Resolution entitled, "A Resolution of the Del Norte County Public Improvement Incorporation Electing Officers for 2017," and direct the Clerk of the Board to file the Statement by Domestic Nonprofit Corporation with the Secretary of the State as requested by the Clerk of the Board.**
10. 1) Approve and authorize the issuance of a Request for Qualifications/Request for Proposal for an update to the existing Local Hazard Mitigation Plan for Del Norte County and 2) authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and chosen Contractor for preparation of an updated Local Hazard Mitigation Plan for Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Del Norte County Unified School District and the Del Norte County Department of Information Technology to participate in a work experience program for high school students as requested by the Director of Information Technology.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-02 in the amount of $5,784.00 within the Agriculture Budget to allow hiring for part-time help for the spring weed control season as requested by the Agriculture Weights and Measures Inspector IV.**
14. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization and approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Stipulation Agreement with Dish Network LLC (APN 51-39-0354) as requested by the Assessor.**
15. Adjourn as the Board of Equalization, reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and 1) authorize the temporary closure of Washington Blvd., from Inyo Street to Del Mar Avenue, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., on Thursday, April 27, 2017 and 2) authorize the temporary closure of Washington Blvd., from Leif Circle to Summer Lane, from 12:00 p.m. to 12:15 p.m., on Thursday, April 27, 2017 for the Every 15 Minutes Event as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign attached letter to the Bureau of Indian Affairs regarding the Environmental Assessment for the Bald Hills Road Improvement Project as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
17. Discuss and take possible action opposing or accepting the Land Acquisition Application from the Bureau of Indian Affairs regarding land proposed to be taken into trust regarding Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation.**
18. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for HR 800 that would provide significant support for the deployment of broadband services to rural counties as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.**
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of concern to the United States Senate and House of Representatives regarding the Trump Administration's FY 2017 supplemental request and FY 2018 budget as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter to Governor Brown expressing Del Norte County's position on proposed increases to commercial fisheries landing fee rates designed to off-set the operating shortfall within the Fish and Game Preservation Fund (FGPF) as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
22. Board approved by Consensus Supervisor Gitlin's request to have the upcoming letter that will be presented on the April 25, 2017 Agenda addressed to Chairman of the California Transportation Commission regarding funding to perform environmental clearance for geotechnical investigation of a potential new alignment of Last Chance Grade be a joint letter from the County and City with 10 wet signatures endorsed.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 7, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us