BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) none Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one (c) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and SEIU
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:25 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:45 A.M. Adjourn as the Board of Equalization reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and 1) Conduct a public hearing 2) adopt a Resolution and 3) direct staff to submit an application to the Department of Water Resources for the formation of the Del Norte County Groundwater Sustainability Agency for the management of the Smith River Plain Groundwater Basin as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
10. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the execution of an Agreement with the Del Norte County Tax Collector's Office and Franchise Tax Board-Court Ordered Debt Collections Program as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
12. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-04 in the amount of $1,000,000.00 within the Roads Division Budget Unit to pay the contractor for work performed on the Hurdygurdy Creek Bridge Replacement on Big Flat Road as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-05 in the amount of $45,000.00 within the Federal Title III Budget to be used for the development of a rural wildland firebreak along Big Flat Road at Gordon Mountain as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-06 in the amount of $17,000.00 within the FY 16/17 Juvenile Hall and Probation Budgets to cover home detention and medical bills as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
15. 1) Introduce the Term Limits Ordinance; 2) read in title only; 3) waive further reading of the Ordinance; 4) hear and consider public comments and 5) set a second hearing for the June 13, 2017 at the regularly scheduled Board of Supervisors Meeting as requested by County Counsel.**
16. 1) Adopt a Resolution conveying said County Owned Property (Klamath, CA; Klamath Baseball Field); 2) find, based on the reasons stated in this report, that the parcel described herein is surplus and is not necessary for County or other public purposes; 3) authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign in the presence of a notary; the Grant Deed submitted as "Exhibit A" conveying fee title portion to the Yurok Tribe's non-profit Kee Cha A Nar and 4) approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Agreement which allows for the perpetual use of the ball field for public recreational purposes as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support addressed to Chairman Rodney Frelinghuysen of the Appropriations Committee, copying majority Staff Director Nancy Fox, Minority staff Director Shalanda Young and also Congressman Huffman asking for a hearing on H.R. 2344 regarding The Crab Emergency Disaster Assistance Act of 2017 as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support addressed to Chairman Rodney Frelinghuysen of the Appropriations Committee, copying majority Staff Director Nancy Fox, Minority staff Director Shalanda Young and also Congressman Huffman asking for a hearing on H.R. 2330 regarding The Yurok Tribe Klamath River Chinook Salmon Emergency Disaster Assistance Act of 2017 as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: May 19, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us