BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Public Employee Evaluation: Title: Chief Probation Officer; Public Employee Appointment: Title: District Attorney
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:05 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:15 A.M. Trauma informed Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (T-MTSS) Overview: how schools and communities can proactively, systematically support the success of children exposed to toxic stress through a culturally responsive approach presentation (Chris and Courtney Daikos, Continua Consulting)
4. 10:35 A.M. Review the current status and discuss and take action to 1) continue Bar-O operations or 2) provide direction to staff to proceed with steps to cease operations as a Juvenile Detention Facility (Bar-O Boys Ranch) as requested by the Chief Probation Officer and the County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the County Retail Egg Inspections Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture as requested by the Agricultural Department Weights and Measures Inspector IV.**
8. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into a 5 year service and purchasing Agreement with Axon Enterprise, Inc. to allow for updated body camera updates, replacements, docking stations, data storage and annual licensing not to exceed $113,129.27 total as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
9. 1) Consider the nomination of Dennis Daniel, Attorney at Law, as submitted by the Public Defenders to fill the position vacated by Thomas French, Attorney at Law; 2) accept the proposed nomination of Dennis Daniel, Attorney at Law, by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors and 3) approve the Third Amendment to Agreement #2016-126 filling the position vacated by Attorney, Thomas French, with Dennis Daniel, Attorney at Law as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and authorize the Director of Child Support Services to enter into an annual Agreement between Del Norte Child Support Services and Christine Doehle, Attorney, for Attorney Services at a rate of $200.00 per hour, totaling no more than $73,000.00 per fiscal year 2017/2018 as requested by the Assistant Director of Child Support Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Maintenance Agreement with Tolowa Dee-ni Nation for the North/South Indian Road and Mouth of Smith River Road Improvement Project in Smith River, CA as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
14. Approve and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services, Heather Snow, to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) as the Compact Administrator and the Compact Co-Administrator and the County of Del Norte ("County") for a period of one year commencing on the effective date as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Richard Pearcey dba: Del Norte Taxi for transportation services for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $20,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with North Valley Behavioral Health, LLC, Yuba City, CA to provide acute inpatient psychiatric care services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $500,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement #2016-152 (FY 2016-17) with Remi Vista, Inc. for Medi-Cal eligible Children, Youth and their Families' Mental Health Services effective July 01, 2016 through June 30, 2017 not to exceed $1,900,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Oxford House Sequoia to provide clean and sober residential services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $26,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #07-17 in the amount of $2,000.00 within the Boating Safety budget unit to cover necessary year end payroll accruals for the 2016/17 fiscal year as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-02 in the amount of $2,300.00 within the Coroner's budget unit to allow for 2016/17 year end reconciliation of payroll and retirement accounts as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
22. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-03 in the amount of $7,966.00 to cover adequate funds budgeted in order to pay all expenses for fiscal year 2016/17 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
23. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-04 in the amount of $56,729.00 within the General Flood Control District budget unit to cover adequate funds budgeted in order to pay all expenses for fiscal year 2016/17 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
24. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-05 in the amount of $5,933.00 within the County Service Area No. 1 budget unit to cover fiscal year 2016/17 substantial staff resources spent in the oversight of the rehabilitation of the sewer lift stations as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
27. Authorize the temporary closure of Patrick Creek Road at Milepost 8.41 from August 15th through August 31, 2017 to replace two culverts as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
28. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached comment letter responding to the 2017 Caltrans District 1 US Route 101 Draft Transportation Concept Report as requested the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
29. Adopt the revisions to the Elected Officials Resolution effective July 28, 2017 as it pertains to Elected Department Heads and the associated salary schedule to address a long standing structural issue by recognizing continuous years of service/longevity for the County of Del Norte (County), address the Board of Supervisors priority of succession planning and to create a budget smoothing biennial salary schedule which reflects 5% salary increments instead of term increases at 10% without changing the overall compensation within the salary schedule as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
31. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
34. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: August 4, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us