BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Devonie Elmore v. Rite of Passage et. al. CVPT 17-1160; McGahuey v. County of Del Norte CVUJ 16-1174 Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Public Employee Evaluation: Title: Director of Health and Human Services.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:05 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:15 A.M. 1) Open the public hearing to consider the Recommended Budget and all submitted Special District budgets for the 2017/2018 Fiscal Year and continue the hearing for 14 days; 2) consider and adopt the annual Children's Budget as presented and 3) review and discuss the information provided by the Community Development Department staff relating to the implementation of a revolving fund for the Code Enforcement Program as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
5. 5:30 P.M. Reconvene and 1.) Discuss and give direction to staff to formulate a working group regarding proposal of a cannabis ordinance; 2.) discuss and take an advisory vote on options in regard to creating a cannabis ordinance and give direction to staff to tailor work on such ordinance to Board's preferred option and 3.) discuss and take an advisory vote on options in regard to reasonable restrictions on personal cultivation of cannabis.** (Joel-Campbell Blair, County Counsel)
8. Approve and adopt the two attached Resolutions expressing appreciation and commendation for the many accomplishments of the Del Norte Association of Cultural Awareness (DNACA) and approving the application and authorizing the execution of a grant contract with DNACA as requested by the Executive Director of the Del Norte Association of Cultural Awareness.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Plan of Cooperation between the District Attorney and the Department of Child Support Services of Del Norte County for investigative services as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
10. 1) Approve the Del Norte County Mental Health Services Education Incentive Program (EIP) Application in order for DHHS-MH Branch employees to apply for a financial incentive program, funded through Mental Health Services Act dollars, designed to recruit and retain qualified staff in hard to fill positions in Del Norte County DHHS Mental Health Branch and 2) authorize the Director of Health and Human Services or in the Director's absence or in cases of conflict of interest, the Del Norte County Administrative Officer, to accept and sign subsequent agreement and associated documents for recipients who are awarded funding in this program as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Maintenance Agreement with the Elk Valley Rancheria for the Humboldt Road Improvement Project in Crescent City, CA. as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
13. Approve and authorize the Community Development Department Environmental Health Division to apply for California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA) Rural Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) Support Grant for up to $100,000.00 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Resolution declaring a State of Emergency relating to the hazardous air created by smoke generated by fires in Oregon, Del Norte and Siskiyou Counties as requested by the Office of Emergency Services.**
16. 1) Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into the Equipment Grant #C17L0606 with the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways and the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and 2) approve and adopt the Resolution authorizing the Department of Parks and Recreation, Division of Boating and Waterways Law Enforcement Equipment Grant in the amount of $25,000.00 for the 2017/18 Federal Fiscal Year as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-12 in the amount of $252,030.00 within the Public Health budget to insure the most cost effective provision of services for the 16/17 fiscal year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-13 in the amount of $252,030.00 within the Welfare-Assistance budget due to the increase of the IHSS MOE Base for the 16/17 fiscal year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send the attached comment letter related to Congressman Huffman's draft bill known as the "Northern California Conservation and Recreation Act," as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached comment letter requesting Senator Feinstein and Harris to support SB 1731 known as the Forest Management Improvement Act of 2017 as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
23. Authorize the temporary closure of County Road 305 (also referred to as Low Divide Road or Wilmer Road) from its intersection with Gasquet Mountain Road to the Oregon State Line from September 12, 2017 until notified by the US Forest Service that the closure is no longer needed for fire suppression purposes as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
26. Review and discuss the information provided by the Community Development Department Staff regarding a request adding as a priority for the fiscal year 17/18 budget to fund up to $100,000.00 for maintenance on Non-County Maintained Roads.**
27. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 8, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us