BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) None1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – none; 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Public Employee Evaluation: Title: County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
1. 10:05 A.M.COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
3. 10:30 A.M.1) Conclude the public hearing and adopt the 2017/2018 Fiscal Year Recommended Budget and all Special District budgets by Resolution as presented over the course of the budget hearing; 2) adopt a Resolution 2017-047, a Resolution Fixing Tax Rates for the Fiscal Year as required by Government Code and 3) adopt a Resolution 2017-048 setting the appropriation limits for the Fiscal Year as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Progress House, Inc. for residential substance abuse services for July 01,2017 through June 30, 2018, to exceed $10,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with Victor Treatment Centers, Inc. (Agreement #2016-106) providing children's mental health services for the period July 01, 2016 to June 30, 2017, not to exceed $95,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Directors for County Service Area No. 1 and approve and adopt a Resolution adopting an update to the Del Norte County Service Area No. 1 Sewer System Management Plan (SSMP) as requested by the County Engineer.**
16. Adjourn as the Board of Directors for County Service Area No. 1, reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and 1) Approve and adopt a Resolution to incorporate a list of projects funded by Senate Bill 1: The Road Repair and Accountability Act into the 2017-2018 County Budget and 2) direct staff to submit the adopted Resolution to the California Transportation Commission as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair and Sheriff to sign the Reserve Deputy Program MOU between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
19. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
20. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 22, 2017
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us