BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) – one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Employees’ Association, and unrepresented bargaining units; In-Home Support Services negotiations
1. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
4. Approve the appointment of Angela Glore, Executive Director of the First 5 Commission as a Board of Supervisors appointed Public Agency member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care & Development with the term ending on June 30, 2018 as requested by the Coordinator of the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development.**
6. Approve and authorize the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between Del Norte County Counsel and the Del Norte County Library District for the Fiscal Year 2017-2018 as requested by County Counsel.**
8. Approve and adopt the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the County of Del Norte and the Del Norte County Sheriff's Employees Association (SEA) effective November 01, 2017, to coincide with the expiration of the previous Agreement as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to sign an Agreement between Del Norte County and Shasta County for the provisions of Del Norte County Jail services consisting of housing sentenced Shasta County inmates in the Del Norte County Jail for the amount of $77.00 per day per inmate, plus $3 per day for medical, effective when fully signed through February 28, 2020 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Work Order for Ce Pretrial Subscription and training with Automom that fills the need for case management as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
12. Approve and authorize the designation of the Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Director Heather Snow and Assistant Director Ranell Brown as signatories for facility certification of Del Norte County DHHS Alcohol and Other Drug Programs (AOD) with the State of California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. (CBH), Sacramento, CA to provide psychiatric placement services for adults for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $375,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Kings View Corporation to provide Telepsychiatric Services for the period July 01, 2017 to June 30, 2018 not to exceed $330,900.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Pasquale Romano for Certified Child Abuse and Domestic Violence Prevention Services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-01 in the amount of $90.00 within the Building Inspection Division Budget Unit and Budget Transfer #01-02 in the amount of $810.00 within the CASp Certification and Training Fund Budget as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-03 in the amount of $464,375.00 within the Roads Division Budget Unit to pay construction management consultant, design services consultant and contractor for work performed on the Hurdygurdy Creek Bridge Replacement on Big Flat Road as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-04 in the amount of $61,973.00 within the Pacific Shores Settlement Fund Budget Unit to cover the Phase 1 funds discussed within the Pacific Shores Property Owners Association (PSPOA) Settlement Agreement regarding the outcome of disputed funds that remained following the dissolution of the Pacific Shores Subdivision California Water District in 2008 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-05 in the amount of $88,470.00 within the FEMA/OES and Capital Projects budgets to repay Cal OES for Federal and State Disaster Funds advanced by OES for projected projects and estimated costs during the 2011 Tsunami determined to be in excess of actual reconciled costs as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
22. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-06 in the amount of $16,000.00 within the Welfare Administration Budget to accommodate more client transfer for the 17/18 Fiscal Year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
23. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-07 in the amount of $17,000.00 within the Jail budget to allow for the unexpected extension of an inmate at Pelican Bay State Prison (PBSP) Safekeeper program as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
24. Approve the Coastal Zoning Residential Building Height LCP Amendment Ordinance, adopt a Resolution transmitting the Board's approval to the California Coastal Commission and direct the Clerk of the Board to transmit a summary of the Ordinance to the newspaper of general circulation within 15-days of its passage as requested by the Assistant Director of Community Development Department.**
25. Receive a status report on the levels of Lake Earl and Tolowa and possibly take action to adopt a Resolution declaring an emergency as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
27. Authorize Supervisor Cowan and Supervisor Berkowitz to travel to Rikuzentakata, Japan to represent the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors in the ongoing Sister City program with funds for travel being paid for by Rikuzentakata, Japan.
28. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
29. Discuss and direct staff to draft a letter of support addressed to Senator McGuire requesting a portion of Highway 101 to be memorialized in dedication to Harold Del Ponte who served as the Del Norte County 5th District Supervisor from 1953-1973 as requested by Gerald D. Cochran.**
31. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: January 5, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us