BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Pacific Shores vs. County of Del Norte et. al CVPT 06-1454; Devonie Elmore v. Rite of Passage et. al. CVPT 17-1160; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 WHO; William Paul v. Redwood National and State Parks Department et. al CV17-7197; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2) 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – three; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units;
1. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:15 A.M. Conduct a Public Hearing to provide the public with an opportunity to hear and comment on the Close Out of the West Park Property Program Income Waiver Project as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the attached Certification Statement regarding the Composition of Local Planning Council for Child Care & Development (LPC) membership as requested by the Del Norte Unified School District Office of Education Coordinator.**
10. Approve and authorize the selling of the attached list of properties at a public internet auction, which are tax defaulted and subject to the Power of Sell as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
11. Review and approve the Del Norte County Treasurer's 2018 Statement of Investment Policy and adopt a Resolution delegating Investment Authority to the County Treasurer as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
13. 1) Approve and authorize a Notice and Invitation to Bid for Smith River Community Hall Accessibility Upgrade Project and 2) authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into an Agreement and any Amendments between the County of Del Norte and chosen Contractor as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Axon Enterprises, Inc. and the District Attorney's office to provide access for the District Attorney employees to Evidence.com which is the web platform that the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office use as requested by the District Attorney.**
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-08 in the amount of $30,000.00 within the OES Budget to move allocated funds from a Fixed Asset account to a Contribution to Outside Agency account for a Sewer Inspection Camera as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-09 in the amount of $170,115.00 within the Roads Budget to pay for the replacement cost of Loader equipment as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
18. Approve and authorize the chair to sign the attached letter commenting on the draft Statewide Elk Management Plan prepared by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
19. 1) Vote to waive a full reading of the Ordinance extending the ban on commercial cannabis activity by a 3/5 vote and 2) approve and adopt the Ordinance extending the interim ban on commercial cannabis activity by a 4/5 vote as requested by County Counsel.**
21. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
22. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to Senator McGuire in support of designating a portion of Highway 101 in memorial of Harold Del Ponte as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
23. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to Senator McGuire, Assemblyman Wood and the California Department of Transportation District 1 Director requesting the re-naming of the "Congressman Don Clausen Highway" to the "Congressman Don Clausen Memorial Highway" as requested by the Board of Supervisors.**
25. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: January 19, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us