BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1); Richard D. Rasmussen vs Katherine Micks DA, Del Norte County CA, Xavier Bacerra AG CA US District Court of Oregon Case No. 1:18-CV-00405-CL Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation; and Unrepresented Employee: Interim District Attorney; Public Employee Evaluation: Chief Probation Officer.
1. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
2. 10:15 A.M. 1) Receive a presentation on the Mental Health Services Act, Innovation Plan: Text 2 Grow (Heather Snow, Director of DHHS Angela Glore Director of First 5) and 2) approve and authorize the Innovation Plan Text 2 Grow in conjunction with First 5 Del Norte and the Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services and it's proposed to cover the periods July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2021 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County Sheriff to fund award plaques to be presented to staff and volunteers of the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department during the 24th Annual LEADN Awards as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
8. 1) Approve and authorize the Director of the Community Development Department to sign the Federal Lands Access Program Project Memorandum of Agreement and 2) authorize the Director of the Community Development Department to sign future project documents associated with Klamath Beach Road (CA FLAP DN 511(1) as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
12. Approve and authorize the submission of a Project Inquiry Form to the Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) Economic Development Over the Counter (ED-OTC) program on behalf of the Crescent City Harbor to provide grant funding for the replacement of the failing Crescent City Harbor seawall as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve and authorize the Director of the Community Development Department to sign application materials associated with State of California Fisheries Restoration Grant Program (FRGP) for a project located on South Fred Haight Drive as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with American Star Security Corporation of Eureka, CA for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018 not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and adopt the Memorandum of Understanding between the Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services and the California Department of Justice for the welfare and safety of children as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with The National Council on Crime and Delinquency for Child Welfare Services' access to SafeMeasures reporting commencing March 01, 2018 through February 29, 2020, for a total of $12,600.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Partnership HealthPlan of California (PHC) not to exceed a total grant award of $493,118.00 from January 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-07 in the amount of $10,000.00 within County Counsel's Payroll and Professional Services-Legal Services Budget to cover payment of outside legal services as requested by County Counsel.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-08 in the amount of $102,875.00 within the Public Health Budget for program operation of the Oral Health Grant for 2017-2018 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Direct staff to pursue Rural Planning Assistance funds for an Elk Valley Crossroad Corridor Plan and authorize the Director of the Community Development Department to act on behalf of the County as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter supporting the Del Norte Trail Alliance and their request for grant funding for "Craig's Creek Loop Trail" as requested by Supervisor Cowan.**
22. Approve the request of Tom Kinney to connect Assessor Parcel Numbers 116-114-010-000 and 116-114-011-000 to the County Service Area's Madison Avenue Lift Station subject to the following conditions: 1) payment to a fee equal to the original assessment prior to issuance of the building permit and 2) a building permit be obtained for the proposed residence as requested by the Manager of County Service Area No. 1.**
23. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation for FY19 appropriations to secure operational dollars to keep the Rowdy Creek Fish Hatchery up and running as requested by Chair Howard.**
24. Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
25. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 23, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us