BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- One Worker's Compensation Case Claim TIBS 600259; 600312; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021; Public Employee Evaluation: Community Development Department Director.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
3. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the County Retail Egg Inspections Agreement Amendment with the California Department of Food and Agriculture as requested by the Agricultural Weights and Measures Inspector IV.**
4. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for work related to detection of exotic insect pests in Del Norte County as requested by the Agricultural Weights and Measures Inspector IV.**
5. Approve the Bid Book, Notice to Bidders and Special Provisions, and Project Plans for the Bess Maxwell SRTS Project and authorize staff to advertise the projects for bids as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Standard Agreement between the County of Del Norte, Department of Health and Human Services and the State of California, Health and Human Services Agency, California Department of Public Health for the provision of the Immunization Assistance Program for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2022, not to exceed $181,250.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a new Agreement with United Indian Health Services (UIHS) located in Arcata, CA. for Clinical Supervisions Services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $10,400.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Representation Agreement with Baron & Budd, P.C., Greene, Ketchum, Farrell, Bailey & Tweel, LLP, Hill Peterson Carper Bee & Deitzler PLLC, Levin Papantonio, Thomas, Mitchell, Rafferty & Proctor, PA, McHugh Fuller Law Group, Powell & Majestro, PLLC as requested by County Counsel.**
11. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. Review and discuss adding the Board Report and Ordinance submitted by Supervisor Roger Gitlin or any action in regard to the California Values Act (SB 54) to a future agenda as requested by Supervisor Gitlin.**
16. 1) Introduce the Del Norte Cannabis Tax Ordinance by title only; 2) waive further reading of the ordinance; 3) set a hearing to adopt the ordinance at the regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Supervisors on May 8, 2018; and 4) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the ordinance for publication, as requested by County Counsel.**
17. Approve and authorize a formation of a 2x2 Committee with the Chinese Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of the People’s Republic with Minister Han Changfu and appoint Supervisor Berkowitz and Supervisor Gitlin as the Delegates with the meetings being held by telephone and e-mail only as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-02 in the amount of $11,000.00 within the Domestic Violence Fund to cover additional expenditures and revenue as a result of an Audit by the Courts wherein it was determined that fees that should have gone to the County were being sent to the State as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-03 in the amount of $88,413.00 within the Victim Witness Grant Budget to increase Victim Witness grant revenue and corresponding expenditures to match what has been awarded as requested by the Interim-District Attorney.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for AB 2754 which clarifies the ongoing and routine agricultural activities taking place in the California coastal zone are not considered ‘development’ in accordance with the California Coastal Act as requested by Chair Howard.**
21. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
(Next meeting is May 08, 2018)
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 20, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us