BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one -written demand for cure and correction of alleged Brown Act violation pursuant to Gov’t Code 54960.1 on file with the Clerk of the Board) 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021;
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Professional Services between the County of Del Norte and the Smith River Alliance (SRA) for project oversight and coordination related to Fuel Break Maintenance in Six Rivers National Forest, California Project as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First proposed Amendment to the Del Norte County Agreement #2017-073 with Tidewater Contractors, Inc. for road materials supply as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement #2017-028 between the County of Del Norte and Continuity Innovations to continue the Operations Plan and Government Plan for Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and accept the resignations of Doreen Pierce and Richard Day from the Local Mental Health Board (LMHB) and appoint Valerie Guilmette and Patrick Tracy to fill the two Consumer Member positions effective immediately as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve the inclusion of an Equipment Trailer as a fixed asset purchase in the amount of $50,000.00 within the Roads Division Budget for fiscal year 2017/18 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
12. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
13. 10:15 A.M. 1) Receive a Local Opioid Coalition Presentation (Heather Snow, Director of DHHS and Dr. Rehwaldt, DHHS Health Officer) and 2) approve and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign and send a letter to Senator McGuire requesting a local Town Hall regarding the Opioid Epidemic as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support of the Hambro Parcel (APN 115-020-18) from private ownership to Public Title Transfer to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife as requested by Caltrans.**
17. 1) Introduce the Personal Cannabis Cultivation Ordinance by title only 2) waive further reading 3) set a hearing to adopt the Ordinance and 4) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the Ordinance for publication as requested by County Counsel.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-02 in the amount of $875.00 within the Environmental Health Division Budget to allow for a purchase of a self-reading dosimeter as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-03 in the amount of $50,000.00 within the Roads Division Budget Unit to purchase an equipment trailer as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-04 in the amount of $30,700.00 within the OES EMPG budget to support activities that contribute to the County's capability to prevent, prepare for, mitigate against, respond to and recover from emergencies and disasters, whether natural or man-made as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
23. 1) Approve and authorize an increase in the amount of a single budget transfer that can be authorized and approved jointly by the Auditor-Controller and the County Administrative Officer and 2) authorize an amendment to Section 2.40.010 A. of the Admin Manual to reflect this change as requested by the County Administrative Officer and the Auditor Controller.**
24. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 19, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us