BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- One Worker's Compensation Case Claim TIBS 600259; 600312; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021;
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Psychological Examinations for County Employees between the County and Ronn M. Johnson, Ph. D. as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Area 1 Agency on Aging to provide an area service plan relating to services and support for elderly Americans in Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Side Letter of Agreement to amend Article IV, Section 4.27 of the Memorandum of Understanding ("MOU") between the County of Del Norte and the Del Norte County Employees Association/SEIU Local 1021 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a Sponsor Agreement with the California Conservation Corps for future fuels reduction work related to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Pacific Southwest Fuel Management Partnership Grant as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Cal Inc. in the amount of $34,094.00 for hazardous materials abatement, demolition and removal of the debris and structures located at 129 North Fred Haight Drive, Smith River as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Environmental Alternatives, Inc. for Transitional Housing Program-Plus services for the period July 01, 2017 to June 30, 2018, not to exceed $75,120.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize staff to finalize a grant application requesting funds from the State of California OHV Trust for development of the "Del Norte County OHV Area Access and Safety Improvement Project" as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
16. Approve and authorize the use of budgeted travel funds for Chair Howard and another Supervisor to travel to Washington D.C. for advocacy of the Del Norte County Federal Legislative Platform as requested by Chair Howard.
17. Approve and authorize the use of budgeted travel funds for Chair Howard to travel to Rikuzentakata, Japan to continue the Sister City relationship and attend the Signing Ceremony in Rikuzentakata as requested by Chair Howard.
18. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
22. 10:45 A.M. Conduct a public hearing and approve the attached Resolution and Ordinance amending the zoning and land use from TPZ and Timberland, respectively, to RR-3 (Rural Residential, 3-acre minimum parcel size) and Rural Residential (one unit per 3-acres) upon a ±46-acre portion of APN 105-020-40 with the remaining acreage (±213-acres) retaining the TBR and TPZ designations as requested by the Assistant Director of the Community Development Department.**
23. 10:55 A.M. Receive report from staff regarding status of 2018 update to Countywide Hazard Mitigation Plan as requested by the Emergency Services Manager (Randy Hooper, Assistant Director of the Community Development Department)
26. 1) Approve the proposed Del Norte Cannabis Tax Ordinance by a 4/5 vote; 2) approve and adopt a Resolution placing the Ordinance on the November ballot by a 4/5 vote and 3) direct the Clerk of the Board to publish a summary of the Ordinance within 15 days as requested by County Counsel.**
29. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-01 in the amount of $34,094.00 between the Contingency Fund and Public Nuisance Fund Budget to pay for hazardous materials abatement, demolition and removal of the structures located at 129 N. Fred Haight Drive, Smith River as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
31. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: May 4, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us