BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Big Rock Community Services District v. Peeples et al. CVUJ 2016-1338; County of Del Norte v. Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation et. al CAE/1:18-cv-02732; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021;
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
2. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a new Agreement with Turtle Medicine P.C. to provide medical services for County Jail inmates, and detainees at the County Juvenile Hall for an amount not to exceed $370,332.00 for year one and $388,860.00 for year two without an amendment as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement #2017-155 (FY 2017/18) with the Penny Saver Inn for temporary housing from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $200,000.00 per fiscal year as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with United Indian Health Services (UIHS) located in Arcata, CA. for clinical supervision services from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $10,400.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and California Auto Image to provide insurance cosmetic repairs and County criminal and evidence towing services as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and George's Auto and Diesel Electric to provide vehicle services from tune ups to specialty situations as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Del Norte County Sheriff's Office and the Department of Justice to provide grant funding for Law Enforcement Activities funded under the California Healthcare, Research and Prevention Tobacco Tax Act of 2016 as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to an Agreement between the County of Del Norte and CSG Consultants, Inc. for professional plan review services as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support to the Caltrans Division of Rail and Mass Transportation regarding the Redwood Coast Transit Authority Intercity Bus Proposal as requested by Supervisor Cowan.**
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-04 in the amount of $26,698.00 within the Office of Emergency Services (OES) Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
18. 1) Discuss and take action as necessary to consider and approve the 2018/2019 Fiscal Year Recommended/requested budgets as presented by departments. Government Code (GC) 29064; 2) approve the position list request for wireless device stipends as provided in the adopted Wireless Device Policy (Attachment B); 3) direct the Budget Team to continue to research and analyze all available cost saving options; 4) direct departments that no fixed asset purchases shall be allowed prior to the adoption of the Final Budget without Board of Supervisor approval. GC 29124 (a) (1); 5) direct departments that no budget transfers will be allowed that transfer funds from Salaries and Benefits to any other expense line unless determined to be an emergency by the County Administrator and Auditor/Controller; and 6) accept the Recommended Children's Budget as presented, and direct staff as necessary (Attachment C) as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. Discuss and direct staff to draft a letter in support of SB 930 "Financial Institutions: Cannabis Bill" to gain the ability to utilize banks for cannabis transactions as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.**
21. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: June 22, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us