BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Alice Brown v. United States et. al. Case No. CV- 16-7235; PERB Unfair Labor Practice Charge SF-CE-1438-M; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)- One 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021; Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Health and Human Services, Director of Child Support Services. Public Employment Appointment: Interviews for Agricultural Commissioner, Sealer of Weights and Measures and Animal Control, pursuant to Government Code 54957(b)
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
3. Approve and authorize the submittal of the Local Agency DBE Annual Submittal Form to Caltrans and further authorize the Chair of the Board of Supervisors to sign said form, as requested by Assistant Engineer.**
4. Approve and adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Approving the Community Development Department Acceptance of a Grant from the State of California Department of Parks and Recreation Off-Highway Vehicle Grant Program, as requested by Assistant Director of Community Development Department.**
5. Approve and authorize the establishment of two (2) positions to the District Attorney's office to fill a need to effectively prosecute cases arising out of Pelican Bay State Prison, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing a Cooperative Agreement between the California Department of Food and Agriculture and Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and further authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the Agreement, as requested by Agricultural Weights and Measurements Inspector IV.**
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution authorizing the County Administrative Officer to sign the 2018-2019 County Retail Egg Inspections Agreement with the California Department of Food and Agriculture, as requested by Agricultural Weights and Measurements Inspector IV.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Amendment to Agreement 2018-045 with National Fish and Wildlife Foundation to perform fuels reduction in and around the community of Gasquet, as requested by Director of Community Development Department.**
9. Approve and authorize the submittal of an application for the Coast Central Credit Union Dean G. Christensen Community Investment Program seeking funding to allow for the restoration and resurfacing of the Del Norte County Recreation Gymnasium floors, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to sign a Memorandum of Understanding and accept two de-militarized Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAPP) vehicles through the California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) Law Enforcement Support Office (LESO) from the Sierra Defense Logistics Agency, as requested by Sheriff-Coroner.**
11. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Nursery Inspection Agreement between the Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and the California Department of Food and Agriculture, as requested by Agricultural Weights and Measure Inspector IV.**
12. Approve and adopt the two attached Resolutions expressing appreciation and commendation for the many accomplishments of the Del Norte Association of Cultural Awareness (DNACA) and approving the application and authorizing the execution of a grant contract with DNACA as requested by the Executive Director of the Del Norte Association of Cultural Awareness.**
13. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. Discuss and take possible action to send a comment letter to the National Park Services during the public scoping period for the Greater Mill Creek Ecosystem Restoration Project, as requested by Chair Howard.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #08-10 in the amount of $10,028 for Community Corrections Sub Account within the 2011 Public Safety Realignment Budget (145-217), as requested by Chief Probation Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
21. Review and discuss the proposed 2018/2019 Fiscal Year Budget priorities and obligations, and provide direction to staff as to any new or re-prioritized positions or services; with general consensus, provide direction on 2018/2019 Fiscal Year priorities to assist in the preparation of a balanced recommended budget, as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
23. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
(Adjourn the regular meeting and reconvene at 1:30 p.m. in Closed Session to Conduct Public Employee Appointment: Interviews for Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures and Animal Control pursuant to Government Code Section 54957(b).
(Next meeting is September 11, 2018)
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: August 24, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us