BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1); Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)- One 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021; Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Health and Human Services, County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
7. Approve the reappointment of Melodee Mitchel, Executive Director of the Del Norte Child Care Council, as a Board of Supervisors appointed child care provider member of the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development with the term ending in two years as requested by the Local Planning Council for Child Care and Development Coordinator.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with BHC Heritage Oaks Hospital d.b.a. Heritage Oaks Hospital (Agreement #2017-079) in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2018, not to exceed $60,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with BHC Heritage Oaks Hospital in Sacramento, CA for Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital Services from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $60,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Coast Auto Center, Inc. for the period July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $20,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a new Agreement with Vista Pacifica Enterprises, Inc. DBA Vista Pacific Convalescent and Vista Pacifica Center to provide Residential Support Services for the period June 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $300,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
15. 10:15 A.M. 1) Open the public hearing to consider the Recommended Budget as amended and all submitted Special District budgets for the 2018/2019 Fiscal Year, and continue the hearing for 14 days; 2) Approve the annual Children’s Budget as presented; 3) Consider the use of the “Stimson” Fund for the internal leasing of four vehicles for the Sheriff’s Patrol, and one for the Assessor pending review and recommendation by the Proactive Financial Goal Committee; and 3) Approve the position changes as outlined in Attachment ‘A’ as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
16. 10:25 A.M. 1) Hold a public hearing, waive full reading and introduce by title only the proposed Ordinance causing a rezone of lands currently zoned Coastal Timber (CT); 2) direct staff to bring the Ordinance back for a second reading and approve the recommended Resolution at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Supervisors and transmit the said Ordinance to the California Coastal Commission for certification of the rezone as a Local Coastal Program (LCP) Amendment as requested by the Community Development Department Planner.**
19. 1) Review and discuss the Findings and Recommendations in the Draft 2017/18 final Grand Jury Report applicable to Del Norte County and give direction to staff; and 2) approve the response, with any Board approved amendments, and direct the final document be forwarded to the presiding Judge of the Superior Court as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #09-02 in the amount of $42,332.00 within the 2011 Public Safety Realignment Budget for the Community Corrections Sub Account as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
22. Discuss and direct staff to draft a letter of opposition regarding Assembly Bill 3115 that contains multiple last minute changes to the operations of the state's emergency medical services system as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
23. Discuss and take possible action to adopt the Resolution opposing Proposition 6 including request to repeal the Board’s support of Proposition 6 due to new information regarding the effects on Last Chance Grade and other Caltrans projects within California as requested by Supervisor Hemmingsen.**
24. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 7, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us