BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Alice Brown v. United States et. al. Case No. CV- 16-7235; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)- one -written demand for cure and correction of alleged Brown Act violation pursuant to Gov’t Code 54960.1 on file with the Clerk of the Board 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021; Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Health and Human Services, County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Cal Inc. for hazardous materials abatement, demolition and removal of debris and structures located at 129 North Fred Haight Drive, Smith River as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair and the County Administrative Officer to sign the Memorandum of Understanding for California Mutual Aid for Region II Emergency Medical and Health Disaster Assistance as requested by the Emergency Services Manager.**
8. Accept the CDBG funded portion of the Bess Maxwell SRTS Project as complete and authorize the Chair to execute a Notice of Completion for the CDBG funded project components as requested by the Assistant Engineer.**
9. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
11. 1) Close the Public Hearing and waive the full reading of the proposed Ordinance causing a rezone of lands currently zoned Coastal Timber (CT); 2) adopt the Ordinance and adopt the Resolution to transmit said Ordinance to the California Coastal Commission for certification of the rezone as a Local Coastal Program (LCP) Amendment as requested by the Community Development Department Planner.**
12. 1) Introduce the following cannabis ordinances by title only, waive further reading, and set a hearing to adopt the ordinances: A) An Ordinance Establishing Regulations for Commercial Cannabis Retail and Manufacturing Activity outside the Coastal Zone; B) An Ordinance Establishing Regulations for Commercial Cannabis Retail and Manufacturing Activity within the Coastal Zone; and C) An Ordinance Amending the Prohibition of Commercial Cannabis Activity and 2) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the ordinances for publication as requested by County Counsel.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #09-03 in the amount of $892,519.00 within the Public Safety Realignment budget to increase revenue and expense lines to reflect the actual funds received to date for FY 17/18 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
14. 1) Conclude the public hearing and adopt the 2018/2019 Fiscal Year Recommended Budget as finally determined and all Special District budgets by Resolution as presented over the course of the budget hearing; 2) adopt Resolution 2018-028, a Resolution Fixing Tax Rates for the Fiscal Year as required by Government Code; 3) adopt Resolution 2018-029 setting the appropriation limits for the Fiscal Year; 4) approve the annual Children’s Budget as presented; 5) approve the use of the “Stimson” Fund for the internal leasing of four vehicles for the Sheriff’s Patrol, and one for the Assessor as recommended by the Proactive Financial Goal Committee; and 6) approve the position changes as outlined in Attachment ‘A’ as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: September 21, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us