BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Gleason v. Padilla et. al. 24-2014-80001786; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2); 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Del Norte County Sheriff Employee Association and unrepresented bargaining units; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Del Norte County Employees’ Association; SEIU 2015 In-Home Support Services negotiation and SEIU 1021; Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Health and Human Services, County Counsel.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Community Recovery Resources for residential substance abuse services for July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $30,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with HASP Clean and Sober Living to provide clean and sober residential services from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $58,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve the attached Agreement Number 17-94114, with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services, Heather Snow, to sign the Agreement and required associated documents as they relate to this Agreement as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and the Humboldt County Department of Agriculture for large device testing as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures.**
11. 1) Approve and authorize the Memorandum of Understanding between the California Agricultural Commissioners and Sealers Association and the Del Norte County Agricultural Commissioner; and 2) adopt a Resolution authorizing the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the MOU on behalf of Del Norte County as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner Sealer of Weights and Measures.**
12. Approve and appoint Supervisor Howard as the Delegate and Supervisor Hemmingsen as the Alternate on the California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors for the year 2018-2019.**
13. Approve and adopt a temporary Resolution amending the public office hours of the Probation Department to the following: Monday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Tuesday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Wednesday 1:00 PM-5:00 PM, Thursday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM and the Resolution should sunset on June 30, 2019, absent further action by the Board of Supervisors as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
14. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
18. Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 5, 2018
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us