BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1); Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Elected Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees; Unrepresented Bargaining Units;
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
3. 1) Review and approve the Del Norte County Treasurer's 2019 Statement of Investment Policy and; 2) adopt the Resolution of the Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte Delegating Investment Authority to the County Treasurer as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Amendment 4 to the Agreement for Professional Services (DNCOAGREE#2013-109) for the Requa Road at Hunter Creek Bridge Replacement Project upon approval of the LAPM 10-C by Caltrans as requested by the County Engineer.**
6. Approve membership as a partner in the Humboldt County/Del Norte County Redwood Coast Healthcare Coalition and designate the County Office of Emergency Services Manager and Public Health Officer as Del Norte County Representatives as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into an Agreement with Woods Plumbing for the replacement of the failing grease trap located at 1115 Williams Drive, as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to Agreement Number 17-94125 A01 with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Children's Medical Services Plan with the Department of Health Care Services for Del Norte County which includes the Child and Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Certification, California Children's Services (CCS) Certification, and Health Care Program for Children in Foster Care (HCPCFC) Certification effective July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019 not to exceed $260,289.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign Agreement with Humboldt Addictions Services Program (HASP) for Drinking Driver Treatment Program services from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2020 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Alcohol Drug Care Services, Inc. dba Waterfront Recovery Service for residential treatment and detoxification services from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $40,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Stage One Childcare Services with Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC) for the period July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $568,817.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and adopt a Resolution accepting all of Volume I and Del Norte County's portion of Volume II of the Del Norte County Local Hazard Mitigation Plan Update as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
14. 10:05 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
16. Approve and authorize by 4/5 vote an extension to the emergency action previously identified at the December 11, 2018 Board of Supervisors meeting, based on the need to continue said action, for the abatement, demolition and cleanup of outbuildings located at 2650 West Washington Blvd. (Agriculture Department) based on §22035 and §22050(a) of the California Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act and make a finding, based on substantial evidence, that the emergency continues to exist as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Elk Valley Rancheria regarding Tribal Cannabis Licensing on tribal lands as requested by the Elk Valley Rancheria.**
18. Staff recommends that the Board make the following appointments to the Local Enforcement Agency Independent Hearing Panel: 1) appoint a primary member of the Board of Supervisors; 2) appoint an alternate member of the Board of Supervisors; 3) appoint James Barnts as a technical member; and 4) appoint Karen Restad as a public member at large as requested by the Community Development Department Director.**
19. Discuss and direct staff to take action regarding the Resolution between the State of California Complete Count Census and the County of Del Norte for the provision of Outreach and Engagement activities utilizing $50,000.00 in state funding in preparation of the 2020 Census as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. Approve and authorize budgeted County travel funds for Supervisor Berkowitz to attend the National State Association of Counties (NACo) Annual Conference and Exposition being held in Clark County Las Vegas, Nevada on July 12-15, 2019 as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.
21. Approve and adopt a Joint Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors and the Del Norte County Flood District declaring the existence of an emergency and directing staff to take action necessary to alleviate the flooding caused by the unabated increases in the levels of Lakes Earl and Tolowa by breaching the intervening sandbar between the lakes and the Pacific Ocean as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.
22. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-03 in the amount of $27,625.00 within the Livestock budget to purchase a new vehicle to replace one totaled in a previous hit and run by an intoxicated driver as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
25. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #01-06 and #01-07 in the amount of $35,618.00 within the Roads and OES budget to help the County's capability to prevent, prepare for, mitigate against, respond to and recover from disaster events as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
26. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a comment letter to the California Fish and Game Commission in support of regulations to increase the elk tag quota in the Northwest Hunt Zone as requested by the Natural Resource Goal Committee.**
27. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman DeFazio reminding him of his commitment to Last Chance Grade as requested by Supervisor Berkowitz.**
(Next meeting is February 12, 2019)
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: January 18, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us