BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1); Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Elected Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees; Unrepresented Bargaining Units; Public Employee Evaluation: Building Maintenance and Parks Superintendent.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
2. Approve and authorize the establishment of a Staff Services Manager beginning at Range 50 within the Department of Health and Human Services Administration Division as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
3. Approve the modification of the System Support Specialist III classification to include assigned duties as Information Security Officer (ISO) and direct staff to update the classification description and establish a 5% special pay differential for the additional responsibilities and duties as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign an Agreement between the Del Norte County Recreation Department and Del Norte Youth Wrestling for rental of the Del Norte County Recreation Gymnasium for wrestling practice and wrestling associated events as requested by the Recreation Coordinator.**
5. Approve and authorize the Registrar of Voters to sign the Agreement between the California Secretary of State and Del Norte County regarding the reimbursement of funds used for voting system replacement activities which is to be known as "Voting System Replacement Contract 2018" as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
6. Approve by unanimous vote the Tri-Agency Economic Development Authority's request to replace the annual audit required by Government Code 26909 with an audit covering a five-year period if the special district’s annual revenues do not exceed an amount specified by the board of supervisors as stated in Government Code 26909(b)(2) $150,000.00 as the amount which the Tri-Agency's revenues must not exceed in order to qualify as requested by the Tri-Agency Economic Development Authority.**
7. Accept the resignations of Carla Romesberg and Karen Satern from the Local Mental Health Board (LMHB) and appoint Bill Steven and Rose Corcoran effective immediately as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. Approve and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the Agreement for Advertising Services with Redwood Coast Transit for 12 months not to exceed $17,430.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Transportation Services with the SVT Gruppe Transport dba SVT Protective Services/Secure VIP Transport for the period January 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020 not to exceed $80,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and adopt a Resolution approving the Community Development Department to apply for grant funds from the State of California, Department of Parks and Recreation, Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division, Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program and authorize staff to submit the grant application as requested by the Community Development Department Planner.**
11. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. 10:35 A.M. Approve an extension of the interim Ordinance establishing a temporary moratorium on accepting applications for use permits for commercial cannabis activities within the Yurok areas of traditional tribal cultural affiliation, outside the coastal zone.**
16. Approve and authorize the termination of the emergency action previously identified for the abatement, demolition and cleanup of outbuildings located at 2650 West Washington Blvd. (Agriculture Department) based on §22035 and §22050(a) of the California Uniform Public Construction Accounting Act and make a finding, based on substantial evidence, that the emergency no longer exists as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. 1) Discuss and take possible action regarding the Office of the Governor's request to nominate one Board of Supervisors member and or one City Council member for an appointment to the California Coastal Commission requiring a representative from the North Coast Region pursuant to Section 30301.2 of the Public Resource Code; and 2) approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for Crescent City Mayor Blake Inscores' application for the California Coastal Commission position as requested by Chair Cowan.**
18. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the License Agreement for the display of the "Sister City" materials between the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority, the County of Del Norte and the City of Crescent City as requested by Chair Cowan.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-01 in the amount of $10,000.00 from the General Fund Contingency Budget to the Public Defender Budget to pay for services for the 2018-2019 Fiscal Year as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
20. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send letter of support for a proposed North State Regional Training and Emergency Operations Center to provide multiple training opportunities to firefighting and law enforcement agencies throughout the region, as well as the governmental and non-governmental first responders in Northern California as requested by Senator Nielsen.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a letter of support on behalf of the Six Rivers National Forest (SRNF) for a National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) Northern California Forests and Watersheds Program Grant Application as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
22. Approve and Authorize the Chair to sign and send a comment letter to the State Water Resources Board regarding the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the Lower Klamath River Project License Surrender as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 8, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us