BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Alice Brown v. State of California et. al. 18-cv-07826-EMC; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Elected Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees. Public Employee Evaluation: Building Maintenance and Parks Superintendent.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
2. Approve one (1) additional allocation for a Deputy District Attorney I/II/III position and direct Human Resources to amend the adopted staffing chart as appropriate to establish one (1) additional position for Deputy District Attorney I/II/III as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
3. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County Sheriff to fund award plaques to be presented to staff and volunteers of the Del Norte County Sheriff's Department during the 25th LEADN Awards as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
4. Approve and authorize the Department of Health and Human Services, Behavioral Health Branch to hire a highly qualified employee as the Mental Health Specialist Starting at Step C as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve the application for the Regional Rural Initiative to Reduce Tobacco-Related Disparities Grant (RFA #18-10122) from the California Department of Public Health for the period April 01, 2019 to March 31, 2024, not to exceed $1,508,790.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to DNCO Agreement #2018-130 with the University of California, Davis (UC Davis) for Staff Development and Professional Services training from July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $53,550.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement for Dina Dinosaur Program Services with Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC) for the period July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $15,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
9. Approve the change in title and salary range for the Building Maintenance Supervisor classification and direct Human Resources to amend the adopted staffing chart as appropriate. The new title will be Director of Building Maintenance and Parks with a change in the salary range from A-18 to A-14 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve the attached classification description, establish and authorize the Sheriff to hire a part-time Records Clerk I/II and not increase the number of FTE allocations but under fill a current Deputy I/II/III position, now vacant as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
11. Waive full reading, read by title only and introduce the updated Master Fee Ordinance and conduct a Public Hearing on the update Master Fee Ordinance as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-03 in the amount of $8,000.00 within the Community Development Department Administration Budget to pay for administrative services provided by the Roads Division staff for the duration of the fiscal year as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-04 in the amount of $850.00 within the Standards and Training for Corrections budget to recognize stale dated checks from the 2017/18 Fiscal Year as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
15. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-05 in the amount of $1,640.00 within the Agricultural Commission budget to cover work to complete a project as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #02-06 in the amount of $4,000.00 within the Public Nuisance budget unit to cover additional professional services as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support regarding the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA) delivering a trade deal to benefit America's workers as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support regarding the California Department of Transportation's (CTC) request for $40 million to fully fund the Project Approval and Environmental Document phase of the Last Chance Grade project as requested by Chair Cowan.**
19. 1) Receive and file the mid-year budget update as submitted by the County Administrative Officer and the Auditor-Controller; and 2) direct that departments maintain revenue and expenditures as estimated in the mid-year report and continue working on solutions to reduce net county costs as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: February 22, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us