BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Belcher v. County of Del Norte et. al. CV 18-07379-RMI; Cox v. Padilla 34-2019-80003090; County of Del Norte v. Amerisourcebergen et. al. 1:18 –CV-02732; Brown v. State of California et. al. 18-CV-7826-EMC Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Elected Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees. Public Employee Evaluation: Director of the Community Development Department.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended a meeting with the City Manager regarding a Town Hall meeting, attended the LEADN Awards, participated in a Webinar on the Opioid Crisis, attended a Yurok 2x2, participated in the Lions Club litter removal, participated in a KFUG Radio interview, attended a meeting with the Yurok Tribe Chief of Police regarding cooperation with the Sheriff’s Office and also attended the LAFCO meeting.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the CTC meeting, attended the Economic Summit, attended the No Place Like Home meeting, attended a meeting with the Wild Rivers Foundation regarding homeless short term goals, attended a meeting with Hilda Contreras regarding homeless short term goals, attended a meeting with Housing Tools, participated in agenda review, attended the Juvenile Justice meeting, attended a meeting at DNHS with the Japan Club, attended the DNSWMA meeting and also had several constituent calls regarding RV’s parked on Pebble Beach Drive for long periods and noise complaints.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the First 5 meeting, attended the CTC meeting, attended the Economic Summit, attended the DNSWMA meeting, participated in a CSAC Conference call, attended the NCUAQMD meeting, participated in numerous discussions with Liz Snow and staff regarding AB 204, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, received numerous constituent calls regarding the Nautical Heights subdivision, participated in numerous discussions with the CA. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife regarding the Spring Chinook Salmon and Elk, participated in conversations with staff regarding the Smith River Fire Protection District, attended a meeting with Mayor Inscore regarding the US Embassy Grant and attended a meeting with a local entrepreneur regarding using drones for wildland fires.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the RCRC meeting, participated in a Conference call with Regional Forest Management Task Force, attended the Economic Summit, attended the No Place Like Home meeting, participated in a Whale Entanglement Conference call, attended the LEADN Awards and also attended the Tri-Agency meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended several meetings with constituents regarding RVs being illegally parked, attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting, attending the Yurok 2x2, attended a meeting with the Yurok Tribe Chief of Police regarding cooperation with the Sheriff’s Office and also attended the LAFCO meeting.
3. Approve and authorize the District Attorney's office to fund award plaques to be presented to staff and community members for outstanding service to the county during the LEADN Awards as requested by the District Attorney.**
5. Approve and authorize the Sheriff to enter into the annual Agreement with the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) to defray the costs related to the eradication and suppression of illicit marijuana as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
6. Approve and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Insect Pest Detection Trapping Contract for 2018/19 with the California Department of Food and Agriculture as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
7. Approve the elimination of one (1) Victim Witness Advocate Aide position and establish one (1) Legal Clerk I/II position within the Victim Witness program at the District Attorney's office as requested by the District Attorney.**
9. 1) Approve and adopt the CalSAWS Consortium Second Amended and Restated Joint Exercise of Powers Agreement (JPA) and Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the CalSAWS Consortium for the purpose of defining the powers for design, development, implementation, migration, and ongoing operation and maintenance of the automated welfare system to be used by each 58 counties; and 2) approve and authorize the Chair to sign five (5) copies of the JPA and five (5) copies of the MOU as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment to Agreement number 17-94114 with the State of California, Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), for the period July 01, 2017 through June 30, 2020 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a comment letter to the California Fish and Game Commission recommending amendments to the 2019 sport fishing regulations for the Upper Klamath and Trinity River Spring Chinook salmon as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee.**
14. Adopt the Resolution of intent to annex the Redwood Family Worship Center into Meadowbrook Acres Area (Subzone W-1) of the Del Norte County Flood Control District for the purpose of furnishing domestic water as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
15. Waive full reading, read by title only an Ordinance of the County of Del Norte replacing Chapter 2.33 "Purchasing Agent relating to the sale of real property, personal property, purchasing procedures and bidding procedures for public projects; and introduce an Ordinance amending Del Norte County Code Title 2, Chapter 33 Section 85 "Informal Bidding Procedures" to increase the amounts of project values for bidding projects under the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act in accordace with passage of Assembly Bill 2249 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
17. 1) Approve and adopt an Ordinance of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors amending the Ordinance 2015-006 and establishing the 2019 Master Fee Ordinance for the County of Del Norte in accordance with Government Code Section 54985, et, seq.; and 2) direct the Clerk of the Board to publish a summary of the Ordinance within 15 days as requested by County Counsel.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-09 in the amount of $60,417.00 within the Welfare Administration budget to implement CalWORKs Home Visiting Program as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-10 in the amount of $75,449.00 within the TUPP Regional Project budget to implement the Regional Rural Initiative to Reduce Tobacco Related Disparities Regional Project to be known as the TUPP Regional Project as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
20. Approve the inclusion of a generator as a fixed asset purchase in the amount of $15,000.00 within the County Service Area No. 1 budget for fiscal year 2018/2019 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
21. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a comment letter to the California Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding the Draft Supplemental Environmental Document to amend the state elk hunting regulations for 2019 as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: March 22, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us