BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Baldwin et. al. v. Sackler et. al 1:19-cv-02421; Cox v. Padilla 34-2019-80003090; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Elected Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees. Public Employee Evaluation: Chief Probation Officer; County Administrative Officer.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Participated on a conference call interview panel for the new North Coast EMS Physician, attended the City Council meeting, attended the LTCO meeting, attended a meeting with Caltrans regarding the PBSP Inmate Work Crews, hosted a local Town Hall meeting and attended a meeting with entrepreneur Jason Rowe regarding the time table for the upcoming building project in the city.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended a meeting with a member of the Harbor Commission and Chamber of Commerce regarding the Visitors Center, attended the local Birdbox screening, attended the Local Mental Health Board meeting, participated in agenda review, attended a meeting with Senator Kamala Harris’ field representative, participated in a Homeless 2x2 conference call, attended a meeting with the new Harbor Commissioner, attended the Republican Women’s Luncheon, attended a meeting with Terry Supahan and Mrs. Campbell-Blair regarding short term homeless goals,
Supervisor Howard: Participated in numerous discussions with constituents regarding the proposed Nautical Heights Subdivision, attended the Natural Resource Goal Committee meeting, attended the Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Tsunami Preparedness work shop, attended the Tri-Agency meeting, participated in discussions from a US Embassy representative regarding the Grant for the Japanese Delegation, participated in numerous discussions with Diana from the Governors’ Office on the Building Economics Development Summit, attended the Flag Raising Ceremony, attended the LTCO meeting, attended a meeting with Senator Kamala Harris’ field representative and participated in a conference call with Rikuzentakata, Japan.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the LTCO meeting, attended a meeting with Senator Kamala Harris’ field representative, participated in a conference call with a Senator McGuire representative, participated in a Whale Entanglement conference call, attended the Natural Resource Goal Committee meeting, participated in discussions with numerous constituents regarding the Meadowbrook Annexation concerns and participated in discussions with RCRC staff regarding legislation that effects Del Norte County.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Participated in numerous discussions with constituents regarding an abandoned burned down home and abatement property in the Church Tree area, attended the Rotary Club meeting and also participated in discussions regarding the banking industry for Cannabis.
3. Approve and adopt Resolution entitled, "A Resolution of the Del Norte County Public Improvement Corporation Electing Officers for 2019," and direct the Clerk of the Board to file the Statement by Domestic Nonprofit Corporation with the Secretary of the State as requested by the Clerk of the Board.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the proposed Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement 2018-087 with Tidewater Contractors, Inc. for road materials supply as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the proposed Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement 2018-086 with Western Emulsions for road materials supply as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
6. Approve and authorize the Del Norte County Probation Department to submit a grant application to the Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention for the Juvenile Emergency Planning Demonstration Program and to sign any applicate materials as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
7. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement between the Del Norte County Recreation Department and Del Norte Little League for rental of Pyke Field for Little League Baseball and Softball as requested by the Recreation Coordinator.**
8. Approve the Memorandum of Agreement with members of the Bay Area Social Services Consortium (BASSC) to support implementation of Assembly Bill No. 607, known as the Community Resiliency and Disaster Preparedness Act of 2017 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign it as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve the application for the Pre-Trial Felony Mental Health Diversion Programs Grant from the California Department of State Hospitals (DSH), not to exceed $426,000.00, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to submit the application to DSH as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to Agreement #2018-163 with Crestwood Behavioral Health, Inc. (CBH), Sacramento, CA to provide community residential treatment services for adults for the period July 01, 2018 through June 30, 2019, not to exceed $535,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve the Grant Agreement with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) for the Regional Rural Initiative to Reduce Tobacco-Related Disparities Grant (Grant Agreement Number #18-10816) and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign the Grant Agreement for the period April 01, 2019 through March 31, 2024, not to exceed $1,508,790.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with James McCubbrey, Ph. D. to provide Professional Services as the Project Director for TUPP's Rural Regional Initiative to Reduce Tobacco-Related Disparities Project for the period April 01, 2019 through March 31, 2024, not to exceed $620,400.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
14. Approve and authorize an annual Step Increase from a Range A-5 Step G to a Range A-5 Step H for the Director of the Community Development Department as requested by the County Administrative Officer.
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter to the Governor supporting Virginia Bass as a North Coast Representative on the California Coastal Commission as requested by Chair Cowan.**
16. Discuss an Ordinance making unlawful the passing of any object through a car window to a pedestrian on the street, post the appropriate signage at strategic locations to that effect, and allow law enforcement officers to effectively question those who violate the Ordinance and direct staff as appropriate as requested by Supervisor Gitlin.
17. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-12 in the amount of $185,000.00 within the Roads Division Budget Unit in the amount of $185,000.00 to allow for the purchase of needed road materials as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-14 in the amount of $16,350.00 within the Office of Emergency Services budget to correctly allocate grant funds in the Homeland Security Grant Program (HSGP17) budget for spending on two of the approved projects within the grant as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #03-15 in the amount of $35,000.00 from the General Fund Contingency Budget to the Public Defender Budget to pay for Public Defender services for the 2018/19 fiscal year as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-02 in the amount of $41,000.00 within the Sheriff's and Coroner budget for current costs, yearend projections and the need for four (4) vehicle radios for the new vehicles being purchased this fiscal year as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
21. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-03 in the amount of $20,000.00 within the Capitol Improvement, Administration and Miscellaneous Revenue and Expenditure Budgets to cover significant water damage to several Flynn Center offices, including the Board Chambers as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: April 5, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us