BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) one workers compensation case TIBT 600286; Cox v. Padilla 34-2019-800003090; Belcher v, County of Del Norte 18-CV-07379-RMI; Sassman 2:19-cv-00443-MCE-KJN PS; Alice Brown v. Del Norte County, Nos. 18-16689, 19-15017; Baldwin et. al. v. Sackler et. al 1:19-cv-02421; Big Rock Community Services District v. Peeples et al. CVUJ 2016-1338; Kane County v. US Case Nos. 17-739C and 17-1991C; Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation et. al CAE/1:18-cv-02732; Thomas Lopthien v. Del Norte County CICL2018-2067; Cumbra v. County of Del Norte, et. al. CVUJ-19-1077; Mike Riese v. County of Del Norte, et al. Case No. CV 12-3723 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-two 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: Mid Management Group; and Unrepresented employees: Appointed Department Heads, Assistant Department Heads, Confidential Employees.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Attended the RCTA meeting, attended the LAFCO meeting, participated in a marketing film in Del Norte County and attended the second workshop for the City of Crescent City Front Street Revitalization Plan. Supervisor Gitlin requested a letter of support for the City project and also a Resolution supporting the second Amendment to be placed on the June 25, 2019 agenda.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended a meeting with Daily Bread Ministries regarding homeless, attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS regarding homeless, attended the Mental Health board meeting, participated in Agenda review, dealt with constituent concerns regarding Hemp, attended a meeting with County Counsel regarding Hemp, attended a meeting with Howard Michael from ECOM regarding Last Chance Grade, participated in the No Place like Home conference call, attended the Short Term Homeless meeting and also dealt with constituent concerns regarding dumping in District 2.
Supervisor Howard: Attended a meeting with staff and Supervisor Hemmingsen regarding the Klamath Dam Removal Mitigation, attended the CA. Dept. of Fish and Wildlife stakeholders meeting regarding the Gray Wolf, dealt with local Fish and Game Commission issues, attended the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board stakeholder meeting, dealt with constituent concerns with Del Norte Ambulance fees, attended the Health Fair and also attended the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation dinner. Supervisor Howard requested to have the Auditor Controller and/or Treasurer-Tax Collector present to the Board in the future to discuss TOT tax revenues over the past decade.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in numerous Whale Entanglement Conference calls, attended the RC&D meeting, attended the City of Crescent City Front Street presentation, attended a meeting with staff and Supervisor Howard regarding the Klamath Dam Removal Mitigation, attended the North Deal meeting, attended a meeting with Michael Howard from ECOM regarding Last Chance Grade, participated in the No Place like Home conference call and attended the Future Facilities Goal committee meeting.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Progressive Yurok Tribe mixer, attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting, attended the LAFCO meeting, attended the Future Facilities meeting and also attended the Health Fair.
2. Approve and authorize a wireless device allowance for the Office of Emergency Services Manager for the remainder of the FY 18/19 totaling no more than $190.00 as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
3. Approve the establishment of one (1) CDPH Grant Coordinator I/II position within the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Public Health branch as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
10. Approve and adopt a Resolution extending Temporary Resolution number 2018-032 amending the public office hours to the following: Monday 8:00 AM-4:00 PM, Tuesday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Wednesday 1:00 PM-5:00 PM, Thursday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM, Friday 9:00 AM-4:00 PM and the Resolution should sunset on June 30, 2020, absent further action by the Board of Supervisors as requested by the Chief Probation Officer.**
11. Approve the Agreement with the California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) for State Hospital Bed Purchase and Usage Program Participation for the period July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign any associated or required documents as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve the Amendment to the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Hospitals (DSH) for State Hospital Bed Purchase and Usage, and California Mental Health Services Authority (CalMHSA) to be the administrative agent for Del Norte County and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign any associated or required documents as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Maria Vanderhorst for Tobacco Use Prevention Program (TUPP) evaluation services for the period April 01, 2019 to June 30, 2020, not to exceed $24,960.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Maria Vanderhorst for Tobacco Use Prevention Program (TUPP) Regional Project evaluation services for the period April 01, 2019 to June 30, 2020, not to exceed $15,600.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. Provide the Community Development Department (CDD) Staff direction as to whether to submit a Title III application to supplement the Planning Division budget with Title III Funds and to specify an annual amount and duration for the funding request as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
19. Approve the inclusion of a security alarm system as a fixed asset purchase in the amount of $10,000.00 within the Road Fund budget for fiscal year 2018/2019 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
20. Discuss and direct staff to write a letter of support to urge members of Congress to include the Secure Rural Schools (SRS) extension (S. 3654) in the FY 2019 Omnibus Appropriations Bill and authorize the Chair to sign it as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
21. Review the current 18/19 Fiscal Year budget priorities and obligations and give direction to staff as to any new or re-prioritized positions or services for the 19/20 Fiscal Year as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: June 7, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us