BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) Del Norte County, Nos. 18-16689, 19-15017; Baldwin et. al. v. Sackler et. al 1:19-cv-02421; Amerisourcebergen Drug Corporation et. al CAE/1:18-cv-02732; 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU; Public Employee Evaluation: Child Support Services Director.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Participated in a tour of the Juvenile Hall, attended the Point of Honor Dedication, participated in a meeting with the City Manager regarding camping on public property, attended the LAFCO meeting and also participated in a KFUG Radio interview.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the BCRAA meeting, attended a meeting with the City Mayor regarding homeless and public safety, attended a meeting with Thorn Run representative Greg Burns regarding issues in Del Norte County, attended the Coastal Counties meeting in San Luis Obispo and also met with the Director regarding the Klamath Dam Removal and its effect on the Coast, attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS and Deputy County Counsel regarding mobile showers for the homeless, participated in Agenda review, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a meeting with the DHHS Director and Senior Center Director regarding mobile showers for the homeless, attended the Housing Tools meeting with staff and others, attended a homeless update meeting and also attended a meeting with constituents regarding updates around the community.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the BCRAA meeting, participated in a few Whale Entanglement conference calls, attended a meeting with Congressman Huffman’s representative and Grant Werschkull regarding the Public Lands Bill, participated in a tour of Juvenile Hall, attended a meeting with staff regarding the Klamath Dam Removal, attended a meeting at the Lake Earl Grange with the Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding elk issues and also attended a meeting with Supervisor Cowan and staff regarding homeless.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Chamber of Commerce meeting, attended the Annual NACo Conference and attended the LAFCO meeting. Supervisor Berkowitz requested consensus from the Board to place an item on the August 13, 2019 Agenda approval all five (5) supervisors to travel to Washington DC to attend a meeting at the White House but there was not consensus by the Board to place the item on the next agenda.
3. 1) Approve and authorize the submission of the No Place Like Home (NPLH) Non-Competitive Allocation Acceptance Forms; and 2) approve and adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors authorizing the acceptance of the County Non-Competitive Allocation Award under the NPLH Program as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
4. Approve and authorize the County Agricultural Commissioner to sign the 2019-2020 Egg Quality Enforcement Contract with the California Department of Food as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
5. Approve and appoint Ashley Larsen to the Klamath Community Service District Board of Directors to fill a vacancy created by the resignation of former board member Shannon Burgess as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement between the County of Del Norte and Interwest Consulting Group Inc. for professional building plan review services on an as needed basis as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the First Amendment to the Agreement with Coastal Inn and Suites, LLC for temporary shelter/housing from July 01, 2018, through June 30, 2019 which increases the budget from $200,000.00 to $302,500.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Davis Guest Home, Inc., in Modesto, California for Augmented Residential Support Services, for the period July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $195,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with the Center for Innovation and Resources, Inc. for staff training from July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $15,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
11. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement for Community Residential Care Services with Willow Glen Care Center, Yuba City, CA for the period July 01, 2019 to June 30, 2020, not to exceed $298,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
12. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Willow Glen Care Center, Yuba City, CA to provide Mental Health Rehabilitation Services at their facility known as Sequoia Psychiatric Treatment Center for the period July 01, 2019 to June 30, 2020, not to exceed $200,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
13. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
18. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-32 in the amount of $33,000.00 from the General Fund Contingency Budget to the Public Defender Budget for the additional payment to Attorney's for felony cases subject to life in prison and cases that exceed twenty-four (24) hours as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-33 in the amount of $37,000.00 within the Public Defender State Prison Fund for Fiscal Year 2018/19 in order to increase expenditures and increase revenue to cover additional expenditures and revenue as a result of additional case filings and the need for additional conflict attorneys as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: July 19, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us