BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) City of Boise v. Martin et. al Case No. 19-247; In the Matter of Pacificorp Klamath Renewal Corp for Amendment and Transfer of License Project No. 2082-062; 14803-000 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)- one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU; Public Employee Evaluation: Agricultural Commissioner.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the RCRC Annual meeting, participated in a Sister City discussion regarding their December visit, attended the BCRAA meeting, attended a CDC meeting regarding cannabis and neighborhood concerns, dealt with numerous constituent concerns on cannabis, attended a meeting with Senator McGuire regarding progress on homelessness, Last Chance Grade and the RN Program and attended the Republican Women’s dinner.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the RCRC Annual meeting, attended the Proactive Financial Goal Committee meeting, attended a meeting with County Counsel and the CDD Director to discuss cannabis and also participated in a meeting with Senator McGuire regarding the upcoming CTC meeting being held in Del Norte County.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the RCRC Annual meeting, attended the RCRC Board of Directors meeting, attended a meeting with the Chief Probation Officer and Sheriff regarding voluntary patrols and low level crimes, attended the Proactive Financial Goal committee meeting, participated in a Dungeness Crab conference call, attended the BCRAA meeting, attended the Harrington House Chamber Mixer, attended the local First Friday event and also participated in the local Seacruise events.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the RCRC Annual meeting, attended the Harrington House Chamber Mixer and dealt with constituent concerns on squatters on private property.
4. Approve and adopt the two attached Resolutions expressing appreciation and commendation for the many accomplishments of the Del Norte Association of Cultural Awareness (DNACA) and approving the application and authorizing the execution of a grant contract with DNACA as requested by the Executive Director of the Del Norte Association of Cultural Awareness.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Delegation of Authority Letter from Aaron D. Goodwin to Samantha Isdell to insure compliance with the California Department of Veteran's Affairs (CDVA) state subvention manual as requested by the Veteran Services Officer**
7. Approve a Wireless Device Allowance for the Administrative Analyst currently fulfilling the duties of the Behavioral Health Program of Health and Human Services as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
8. 1) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign an Agreement with Victor Treatment Centers, Inc. providing children's specialty mental health services to foster children for the period July 01, 2019 to June 30, 2020, not to exceed $200,000.00; and 2) approve and authorize Heather Snow as the County Behavioral Health Director to sign the Agreement as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
9. 1) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Sub-recipient Agreement with Shasta County Department of Housing and Community Action Programs for the purpose of providing housing assistance through the Homeless Emergency Aid Program (HEAP) for the period July 01, 2019 to June 30, 2021; and 2) approve and authorize Heather Snow to sign this and all future related agreements as the Director of Health and Human Services as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation Grant Agreement for the Northern California Forest Watersheds Spring 2019 Grant Program as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
11. 1) Approve and authorize the Director of Building Maintenance and Parks to sign the attached Agreement with the Del Norte Workforce Center/Siskiyou Training and Employment Program (STEP), Inc. to provide work experience for their clients and assist the Del Norte County Building Maintenance and Parks with projects; and 2) delegate signature authority to the Director of Building Maintenance and Parks to sign all future Agreements with the Del Norte Workforce Center (STEP) program to make the process much more efficient as requested by the Director of Building Maintenance and Parks.**
12. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
14. 10:45 A.M. 1) Approve a Road Improvement Deferment; 2) authorize the Chair to sign the Deferred Improvement Agreement; and 3) authorize the County Engineer to release the bond for 144 Butte Street in Crescent City, CA (APN: 120-200-008 & 120-280-002) as requested by the Planning Commission.**
15. 10:55 A.M. Review, approve and direct staff to follow the recommendations as defined within the Housing and Homelessness Analysis as prepared by Housing Tools, Inc., directing staff to seek the interest of groups within the community to lead or convene in the formal development and implementation of a Homeless Coalition as well to direct staff to begin the preparation of a Request for Qualifications/Proposal to solicit developer interest in Permanent Supportive Housing in Del Norte County as requested by County Administrative Officer.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a ten-year Lease Agreement with Northridge Electric (NRE) for their new facility located at 1270 Front Street, Suite B and 1279 Second Street, Suite C, Crescent City totaling $6,405.37 per month as requested by the Director of Child Support Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Lease Termination Agreement with Matthew S. Fearing ("Fearing"), an individual doing business at Front Street Plaza, LLC, for the property located at 1279 2nd Street, Suite C, Crescent City, CA, 95531, effective October 31, 2019, contingent upon the Board's approval and signature of the Department of Child Support Service's (DCSS) Agreement with Fearing dba Front Street Plaza, LLC, for 1279 2nd Street, Suite C, Crescent City, CA, 95531. If the DCSS agreement is not approved, then discuss and direct staff regarding existing DHHS Lease Agreement with Fearing dba Front Street Plaza, LLC for the property located at 1279 2nd Street, Crescent City, CA 95531 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #06-53 in the amount of $328,185.00 within the Public Safety Realignment budget to increase revenue and expense lines to reflect the actual funds received to date for Fiscal Year 18/19 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
20. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #10-01 in the amount of $306,006.00 within the Planning Division Budget due to the County being awarded the Northern California Forest Watersheds Spring 2019 grant from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 4, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us