BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1);1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)- one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Supervisor Cowan: Participated in DNSWMA agenda review, attended a meeting with the Superintendent of Schools regarding the Japanese Delegation, attended a meeting with the DNHS Japanese Club, attended the A1AA meeting, participated in agenda review, attended the DNSWMA meeting, participated in a community tour with the new PA at the clinic, attended a meeting with a Senator McGuire representative regarding the upcoming town hall and other issues, attended a meeting at Sutter Coast Hospital and also attended the Women’s Empowerment meeting.
Supervisor Howard: Participated in donating items for the Rikuzentakata Harvest Festival, attended the NCRP meeting, attended the RCD meeting, attended a meeting with the Superintendent of Schools, the Treasurer-Tax Collector and others regarding vacation rentals and TOT tax, attended a meeting regarding Mill Creek and Sudden Oak Death, attended a meeting with the Friends of Del Norte and EPIC regarding Highway 197 and 199, attended the Wonderbus Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, participated in discussions with Congressman Huffman’s representatives regarding the Wilderness Lands Legislation, participated in getting together a Natural Resource piece together for the Annual CSAC meeting in December, participated in a meeting with the AG Commissioner regarding pet ownership in Del Norte County and has also been working with the LTCO Director regarding the upcoming CA CTC Town hall.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the Wonderbus Ribbon Cutting Ceremony, attending the Redwood Rising Ceremony, participated in numerous conference calls with the Department of Fish and Wildlife regarding Pacific Shores properties, attended the Whale Entanglement Working Group meeting, attended the Dungeness Crab Task Force meeting, attended a meeting with staff regarding Pacific Shores Properties, participated in Redwood School volunteer activities and also participated in discussions with Grant Werschkull regarding Congressman Huffman’s Land Legislation.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Participated in the County mandated Sexual Harassment Training, attended the Coast Central Credit Union Chamber Mixer, attended a meeting with constituents in Klamath regarding cable issues and logging trucks tearing up the road at Hunter Creek and wrote a letter to Congressman Huffman regarding the Secure Rural Schools bill.
3. Approve and adopt a Resolution appointing Lori Cowan to the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Board of Commissioners for a four year term as requested by the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority.**
4. Approve and adopt a Resolution appointing Gerry Hemmingsen to the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority Board of Commissioners for a four year term as requested by the Border Coast Regional Airport Authority.**
6. Approve and adopt a Resolution accepting Smuggler's Cove Way and a segment of Childs Avenue into the County maintained road system and onto the County's list of maintained mileage as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
7. Approve and adopt a Resolution to approve the application for the State of California Department of Parks and Recreation's Per Capita Grant Program for park improvements as requested by the Recreation Program Coordinator.**
8. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
13. 11:15 A.M. Presentation and request for direction from County Counsel regarding options for expanding cannabis retail and manufacturing businesses in Smith River (Joel Campbell-Blair, Deputy County Counsel)
16. Approve and adopt budget transfer #10-02 in the amount of $10,255.00 within the Roads Division Budget Unit to pay for a security system as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
17. Approve and adopt budget transfer #10-03 in the amount of $3,700.00 within the Tax Collector Budget Unit to reflect a reimbursement payment from a vendor for a pre-paid postage as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: October 18, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us