BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In re Application of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082-062, 14803-000; Cumbra v. County of Del Norte, et. al. CVUJ-19-1077; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-four 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – two; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU/SEA; Public Employee Evaluation: Director of Information of Technology.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Supervisor Cowan: Participated in a tour of the local Organic Essence shop, attended the Juvenile Justice meeting, attending a homeless training meeting, attended a meeting with the Sheriff, County Counsel, District Attorney, DHHS and the Code Enforcement officer to discuss homelessness, attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended the 2019 CSAC Annual Conference, attended the Coastal Counties meeting, attended the Regional Cannabis meeting, attended a homeless workshop, attended a meeting with Federal Highways, participated in welcoming the Japanese Delegation, the Women’s Empowerment meeting and other Japanese Delegation activities.
Supervisor Howard: Dealt with constituent concerns on the possible moving of the Warrior’s Championship Football Game, attended numerous meetings regarding the Smith River Heritage Trout Designation, attended the 2019 CSAC Annual Conference, attended a meeting with Caltrans regarding Hwy 197/199, attended a meeting with the CA Farm Bureau regarding Immigration and also attended the NCUAQMD meeting.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended a meeting with Road Department staff and Supervisor Howard regarding Wonderstump Road, participated in a conference call with the Forest Management Task Force, participated in a Dungeness Crab conference call, attended a Future Facilities Committee meeting, attended a meeting with Caltrans regarding Hwy 197/199, attended a RCD meeting, participated in conference calls regarding risk assessments for the upcoming crabbing season, attended the Natural Resources Goal Committee meeting, participated in numerous meetings regarding the Smith River Heritage Trout Designation, attended Agenda review, attended the LTCO meeting, participated in sever more risk assessment conference calls regarding the upcoming crabbing season and participated in the welcoming of the Japanese Delegation and dinner.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Japanese Delegation dinner, attended the 2019 Annual CSAC Conference, attended the Future Facilities Committee meeting, participated in a NACo conference call and also attended the LAFCO meeting.
3. Approve and adopt a Resolution appointing the individuals whose names and titles appear below to act as authorized officials to execute applications and documents for the purpose of obtaining financial assistance as requested by the Assistant County Administrative Officer.**
6. Approve the bid documents for the Curb Ramp Project (Arlington Drive and West Madison Avenue) and authorize staff to advertise the project for bids as requested by the Community Development Department Assistant Engineer.**
7. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Aircon Energy for the development of a comprehensive infrastructure improvement retrofit study to determine energy consumption and operating characteristics of County facilities and identify the equipment, procedures, costs and other services that could be provided in order to reduce Owner's operational expenditures while providing system improvements as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Insect Pest Detection Trapping Contract for 2019/20 with the California Department of Food and Agriculture for work related to detection of exotic pests in Del Norte County as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
9. Approve and authorize the Agricultural Commissioner to sign the Nursery Inspection Agreement between the Del Norte County Department of Agriculture and the California Department of Food and Agriculture as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
11. Approve and authorize the Community Development Department Staff to sign the completed Encroachment Permit for construction area signage on County maintained roads on behalf of Caltrans for the Dominie Creek Bridge Project as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
13. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign a 4 (four) year participation Agreement with Gila, LLC dba Municipal Services ("MSB") and the Del Norte County Tax/Treasurer's Office for the use of a third party collection agency for the recovery of County and Court debt as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
14. Approve the Agreement with Shasta County Department of Housing and Community Action Programs to acquire licenses to utilize the Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) through June 30, 2021, and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services to sign this and all future related Agreements as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
15. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with Environmental Alternatives, Inc. for Transitional Housing Program-Plus (THP Plus) services for the period July 01, 2018 to June 30, 2020, not to exceed $75,120.00 per fiscal year, for a total of $150,240.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
16. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the renewal Agreement for Emergency Transportation Services with Del Norte Ambulance, Inc. for the period July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $120,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
17. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the renewal Agreement with the California Department of Social Services for Agency Adoption Services from July 01, 2019 to June 30, 2021 not to exceed $170,915.00 each fiscal year, for a total of $341,830 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Memorandum of Understanding with the Redwoods Community College District for clinical placement of students from this date to June 30, 2023 and authorize the Director of Health and Human Services, and Public Health Program Manager to sign the Agreement as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the renewal Agreement for Dina Dinosaur Program Services with Del Norte Child Care Council (DNCCC) for the period of July 01, 2019 through June 30, 2020, not to exceed $15,000.00 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
22. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
24. 1) Introduce by title only an Ordinance Repealing Certain Chapters of the Del Norte County Code Relating to Bar O Boys, The Department of Central Services, and General Penalties; 2) Waive further reading; 3) Set a hearing on January 14, 2020 to adopt the ordinance; and 4) Designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the ordinance for publication as requested by County Counsel.**
25. Approve and adopt a Resolution to set tax rates for cannabis retail and manufacturing within the range approved by voters in Measure B for calendar year 2020 as requested by the Treasurer-Tax Collector.**
26. Adjourn as the Board of Supervisors, reconvene as the Board of Equalization and call Applications 2017-002, 2017-003, 2017-004 and adopt the applicant's Opinion of Valuation on APN 117-092-013, 117-092-14 and 117-092-15 under operation of law as requested by the Clerk of the Board and County Counsel.**
27. Adjourn as the Board of Equalization, reconvene as the Board of Supervisors and discuss and take possible action on paying membership dues to join the Coastwalk California Trail Association as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
28. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter addressed to the California Interscholastic Federation urging them to keep the Division 5AA Championship Game between Del Norte and El Monte at the location of Mike Whalen Field in Del Norte County.
29. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #11-10 in the amount of $5,876.00 within the Office of Emergency Services Budget Unit for a grant used towards a trailer for disaster preparedness education as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
30. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #11-11 in the amount of $87,000.00 within the Department Allotment Budget Unit to cover the lease buy-out for 1279 2nd Street in Crescent City, CA. as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
31. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #11-12 in the amount of $87,000.00 within the Alcohol Prevention Program Budget Unit to cover the lease buy-out for 1279 2nd Street in Crescent City, CA. as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.*
32. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #11-13 in the amount of $3,500.00 within the Recreation Department Budget Unit for revenue received for the City of Crescent City/Del Norte County Winter Swim Camp as requested by the Recreation Program Coordinator.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
33. 1) Consider sending a letter of opposition to the California Department of Fish and Game Commission opposing the proposed designation of the North Fork Smith River as a "Heritage Trout" designation as requested by the Natural Resources Goal Committee; and 2) direct Community Development Department staff to prepare the letter to be delivered prior to the meeting to be held on December 11, 2019 as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
34. Approve and authorize staff to draft a letter of support for HR 4916 (Farm Workforce Modernization Act of 2019) and urge Congressman Huffman to sign as a co-sponsor of the legislation as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
36. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter to Wireless Carriers Licensed to Serve Del Norte County urging them to improve wireless services on Highway 199 as requested by Supervisor Howard.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: December 6, 2019
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us