BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
VIA Zoom (media.del-norte.ca.us)
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In re Application of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082-062, Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU; Public Employee Evaluation pursuant to Government Code 54957: Director of the Community Development Department; County Counsel; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Dealt with numerous calls and emails regarding COVID-19 and restricting tourists and also attended the Hunter creek Town hall.
Supervisor Cowan: Attended the DNSWMA meeting, attended a meeting with the Director of DHHS, Daphne Lambert and Tamera Leighton regarding DN Mission Possible, had a follow up meeting with Daphne Lambert regarding DN Mission Possible, attended a teleconference with CSAC regarding real estate, attended a meeting with public health nurses, attended a meeting with DHHS and the Senior Center regarding mobile showers for the homeless, attended the BOS Special Session and also dealt with constituent concerns regarding COVID-19.
Supervisor Howard: Attended the First 5 meeting, attended a DNSWMA pre-meeting regarding SB 1383, attended the DNSWMA meeting, participated in a discussion with the CDC regarding Saxton’s Boat Launch, attended a meeting with National Parks regarding the Hiouchi Trail, attended the NCUAWMD meeting and also attended the BOS Special Session.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Attended the RCRC meeting, attended the Fisheries Forum, attended the ESJPA meeting, attended the Joint Committee of Fisheries and Aquaculture, participated in a conference call with CSAC Coastal Counties regarding Sea Level Rise, participated in Agenda review, attended the NCRP meeting, attended the Regional Forest Fire Capacity Ad-Hoc Committee meeting, participated in a Webinar with the CA Dept. of Fish and Wildlife, participated in the Zoom test run for the BOS meetings, attended the BOS Special Session and participated in the COVID-19 Briefing Updates and Press Releases.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Attended the Hunter Creek Town hall meeting, attended a local town hall meeting regarding restaurant ownership and the effects of COVID-19 and dealt with numerous constituent concerns of COVID-19.
2. Approve and adopt a Proclamation proclaiming March 29, 2020 as "National Vietnam War Veterans Day" as requested by the Del Norte Chapter of the National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution.**
3. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Delegation of Authority Letter to Samantha Isdell to ensure compliance with the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CDVA) state subvention manual as requested by the Veterans Services Office.**
4. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for AB 2688 for more subvention funding from the State of California to the local Veterans Service Office as requested by the Veterans Services Office.**
7. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
8. 10:30 A.M. 1) Conduct a Public Hearing to approve and authorize the submission of the 2019/2020 Community Development Block Grant Application; and 2) approve and adopt a Resolution of the Del Norte County Board of Supervisors Approving an Application for Funding and the Execution of a Grant Agreement and any Amendment thereto from the State CDBG Program as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
10. 1) Approve and adopt an Ordinance adopting the State Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (MWELO); and 2) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the Ordinance for publication as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department and County Counsel.**
11. 1) Introduce by title only "An Ordinance repealing, updating and enacting parking regulations; 2) waive further reading; 3) set a hearing for April 14, 2020 to adopt the Ordinance; and 4) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the Ordinance for publication as requested by County Counsel.**
12. 1) Introduce by title only "Ordinance repealing, updating and enacting parking enforcement provisions; 2) waive further reading; 3) set a hearing on April 14, 2020 to adopt the Ordinance; and 4) designate County Counsel to prepare a summary of the Ordinance for publication as requested by County Counsel.**
13. 1) Review the updated Resolution establishing various parking regulations and penalties; and 2) set the Board Agenda date for April 14, 2020 to approve and adopt the updated Resolution establishing various parking regulations and penalties as requested by County Counsel.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us