BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive Order N-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In re Application of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082-062; Gilbert v. County of Del Norte CVUJ 2020-1091; Belcher v, County of Del Norte 18-CV-07379-RMI; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-one 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – one; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
3. Approve and adopt the Statement of Votes cast at the March 03, 2020 Primary Election and a copy be lodged in the office of the County Clerk/Registrar of Voters per California Election Code 15372 as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the proposed Amendment to Del Norte County Agreement #2019-065 with Tidewater Contractors, Inc. for road materials supply as requested by the Director of the Community Development Department.**
6. Approve and authorize the Chair and/or County's designated Primary and/or Alternate CSAC Excess Insurance Authority Board member to execute the proposed amendment to the CSAC Excess Insurance Authority Joint Powers Agreement as requested by the Del Norte County Human Resources/Risk Manager.**
7. Approve and authorize the County Administrative Officer to sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the City of Crescent City and the County of Del Norte for the purpose of using Community Development Block Grant Funds for a Microenterprise Assistance program in Del Norte County as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
8. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Amendment with Kings View Corporation for Electronic Health Record Information System to provide a lump sum payment in the amount of $78,442.00, eliminating installment payments as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
10. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
12. Approve the Registered Nurse (RN) position for the Public Health Branch (PHB) tp start at Range 50 Step C, effective date of hire, May 01, 2020, as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
14. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-02 in the amount of $5,000.00 within the Administration Budget Unit to utilize funds awarded through a Grant from the Wild Rivers Community Foundation in order to provide shower services to the Del Norte County homeless community as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
15. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-04 in the amount of $10,200.00 within the Sheriff's Boating Safety Budget Unit for the purchase of a river rescue raft and dive suit for the new boating officer as requested by the Sheriff-Coroner.**
16. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #04-06 in the amount of $6,980.00 within the Livestock and Agriculture Budget Unit to allow to utilize donated funds to purchase a security system for the facility as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
17. Approve and authorize the Chair and the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters to sign a letter of support directed to Governor Gavin Newsom supporting the California Association of Clerks and Election Officials (CACEO) proposed Executive Order to protect public health by expanding vote-by-mail options for the November 03, 2020 Presidential General Election as requested by the Del Norte County Registrar of Voters.**
18. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for AB 2612 which provides up to $100,000,000.00 annually from the Greenhouse Gas Reduction Fund in-state organics recycling projects as requested by the Director of the Solid Waste Management Authority.**
19. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support for SB 1191 which allows low population counties and rural jurisdictions to develop and implement alternative organic waste management programs in place of the rigid and costly SB 1383 mandates as requested by the Director of the Solid Waste Management Authority.**
20. Discuss and direct staff to further engage the State of California by preparing a formal letter to the Governor's Office or applicable State agency requesting vehicular access and parking be opened in State Parks within Del Norte County for local resident use as requested by Supervisor Howard.
(Next meeting is May 12, 2020)
Kylie Goughnour, Clerk of the Board
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us