BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
REGULAR MEETING 10:00 AM
The Board of Supervisors of the County of Del Norte and the governing body of all other special assessment and taxing districts, for which said Board so acts, is now meeting in regular session. Only those items that indicate a specific time will be heard at the assigned time. All other items may be taken out of sequence to accommodate the public and staff availability. Items followed with a ** indicate material attached in the agenda packet.
A closed session may be held at some time during the meeting to discuss litigation and/or personnel matters. There is a 90-day statute of limitations relating to decisions rendered after a public hearing of the Board of Supervisors and a 60-day statute of limitations relating to ministerial actions of the Board of Supervisors. NOTE: If you challenge the decision of the Board of Supervisors in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in the notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing. (Govt. Code § 65009). When providing written correspondence to the Board of Supervisors you must provide a copy to the Clerk of the Board for inclusion in the official record.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 issues, the Governor of the State of California has issued Executive OrderN-29-20 and Order N-25-20 establishing social distancing measures and suspending provisions of the Brown Act. For this reason we ask that you:
PLEASE SUBMIT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS AHEAD OF TIME IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. Please visit http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/ for a public comment form. Your comment will be limited to 3000 characters. Your comment will be read aloud during the public comment period. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
VIEW THE MEETING AND COMMENT REMOTELY. A link to view the meeting will be posted on http://www.co.del-norte.ca.us/. Public comment on ALL agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time for public comment via instructions provided on the website. Please submit only one comment per agenda item and only one general public comment.
IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO DISABILITY under the Americans with Disability Act that does not allow you to participate remotely or provide written comment ahead of the meeting YOU MUST notify the Clerk of the Board at least 24 HOURS in advance of the meeting and a reasonable accommodation will be made.
Hold a closed session to consider and discuss litigation and personnel matters: Conference with Legal Counsel- Existing litigation pursuant to Government Code 54956.9(d)(1) In reapplication of Pacificorp/ Klamath Renewal Corp. FERC P-2082 062; Belcher v, County of Del Norte 18-CV-07379-RMI; Anticipated litigation 1) significant exposure to litigation pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(2)-none 2) Initiation of litigation Conference with Legal Counsel pursuant to Govt’ Code 54956.9(d)(4) – none; Pursuant to 54957(b)(1) Conference with Labor Negotiators pursuant to Government Code 54957.6 between County Negotiator: Jay Sarina, CAO and Employee Organization: SEIU, SEA; Threat to public services/ facilities pursuant to 54954.5(e): Name of Applicable Agency Rep. and Title: County Administrative Officer/ Director of Emergency Services re COVID-19; Conference with Real Property Negotiation pursuant to Government Code 54956.8 Property: Airport (APN 101-010-017 000) Agency Negotiator: Jay Sarina Negotiating parties: County (Jay Sarina) and BCRAA (Randy Hooper) Under Negotiation: terms of lease extension including price and payment.
· The Chair requests any deletions, corrections or additions from Board members to the agenda at this time. In order to add an item to the agenda, the matter must have come to the attention of the County subsequent to the posting of the agenda and the matter requires action before the next regular meeting of the Board of Supervisors.
· Receive other brief reports or announcements relative to the County of Del Norte programs and projects, progress of the two by two committees, goal committees and/or Board and staff travel/training reports.
Action: Supervisor Gitlin: Participated in the County Counsel interviews, attended the Board of Supervisors Special meeting, participated in the Curry County Cruise, hosted a Celebration of Life for Aaron Funk and spoke as a private citizen at the Curry County Commissioners meeting.
Supervisor Cowan: Participated in the interviews for the No Place Like Home developer, participated in the County Counsel interviews, attended the Board of Supervisors Special meeting, attended a follow up meeting to discuss the chosen developer for No Place Like Home, attended a meeting with the CAO and Senator McGuire regarding homelessness, COVID-19 and other issues, attended a meeting with Daphne Lambert from Del Norte Mission Possible and dealt with numerous constituent concerns on COVID-19.
Supervisor Howard: Attended a meeting with various representatives from the Resilience Committee regarding businesses in Del Norte resources, attended a meeting with Assemblyman Wood and various Supervisors from his District to discuss Realignment Funds, attended the NCUAQMD meeting, participated in the County Counsel interviews and attended the Special Board of Supervisors meeting. Supervisor Howard requested to honor “Word Refugee Day” at the June 09, 2020 Board of Supervisors meeting.
Supervisor Hemmingsen: Participated in the interviews for the No Place Like Home developer, attended a follow up meeting to discuss the chosen developer for No Place Like Home, participated in a shrimp webinar, attended the Board of Supervisors Special meeting, participated in County Counsel interviews, participated in Agenda review, attended the RCRC Executive Committee meeting and also participated in Memorial Day activities at the local cemetery.
Supervisor Berkowitz: Dealt with numerous constituent concerns on COVID-19, participated in County Counsel interviews, attended the Board of Supervisors Special meeting and also attended the Rotary Club meeting.
4. Approve and authorize the Department of Health and Human Services, Social Services Branch to publish a notice of invitation to bid, and secure psychotherapy services for the individuals they serve as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
5. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the Agreement with the County Medical Services Program allowing the Department to provide indigent care in Del Norte County for the term of April 01, 2020 to March 31, 2021 as requested by the Director of Health and Human Services.**
7. 10:25 A.M. COMMENT PERIOD: Members of the public may address the Board on matters which are within the jurisdiction of the Board. If you are addressing the Board regarding a matter listed on the agenda, you may be asked to hold your comments until the Board takes up that matter. Please limit your comments to three minutes or less.
9. Approve and authorize the Chair to sign and send a letter of support to the California Department of Food and Agriculture in endorsement of the Power Pole Replacement Project at the Del Norte County Fairgrounds to ensure the facility is operational at all times to augment our ability to provide for the public health and safety of Del Norte County Citizens as requested by the Office of Emergency Services Manager.**
12. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-04 in the amount of $12,475.00 within the Livestock Budget Unit to utilize several large donations to conduct improvements and repairs to the animal shelter as requested by the Agricultural Commissioner.**
13. Approve and adopt Budget Transfer #05-05 in the amount of $410,039.00 within the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) Budget Unit due to the increase in VAWA grant funds being awarded to the District Attorney's Office as requested by the District Attorney.**
Consider miscellaneous legislative and budget matters pertinent to the County of Del Norte. Authorize the Chair to sign and send appropriate letters with respect to matters pending before the state or federal governments.
14. Discuss and direct staff to prepare a letter urging the Legislature and Governor Newsom to stabilize Realignment funding by backfilling for lost base revenue in both the current and budget years as requested by the County Administrative Officer.**
Kylie Heriford, Clerk of the Board
County of Del Norte, State of California Date Posted: May 21, 2020
THE AGENDA AND ACTION SUMMARY ARE AVAILABLE ON THE COUNTY WEBSITE: www.co.del-norte.ca.us